Flexscan3D is now free!

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
Alonso

Flexscan3D is now free!

Post by Alonso »

Greetings everyone!

In case you missed this (probably have!)
This amazing software is now free!

https://www.polyga.com/flexscan3d/#download

And yes, this is the full suite of tools that was once only available with the purchase of a 3d scanner from Polyga.

Here are some technical specs with a list of recommended cameras to use.

https://www.polyga.com/technical-specifications/

I strongly recommend using Basler or Point Grey cams as they have optimized drivers included with Flexscan3D and enable HDR scanning.

Cameras using directshow drivers (Imaging Source and other brands) are "ok" but lack HDR scanning support and generally have slower scan capture times.

Enjoy!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1716419181556.jpg
greenskynet

Re: Flexscan3D is now free!

Post by greenskynet »

Alonso wrote: 26 May 2024, 19:26 Greetings everyone!

In case you missed this (probably have!)
This amazing software is now free!

https://www.polyga.com/flexscan3d/#download

And yes, this is the full suite of tools that was once only available with the purchase of a 3d scanner from Polyga.

Here are some technical specs with a list of recommended cameras to use.

https://www.polyga.com/technical-specifications/

I strongly recommend using Basler or Point Grey cams as they have optimized drivers included with Flexscan3D and enable HDR scanning.

Cameras using directshow drivers (Imaging Source and other brands) are "ok" but lack HDR scanning support and generally have slower scan capture times.

Enjoy!

Hi Alonso 😍. You have been absent for a long time, I hope you to be good.
Thank you for informing.
🔴 The problems and limitations that you mentioned are related to the Basic version of the FlexScan3D which is available for free now.
Yes, the Basic version of the FlexScan3D, supports only some limited cameras and the directshow support is not well (very slow and with missing many features like HDR and ..., and cameras are running asynchronously that cause many problems on the scans).

🟢 But You can follow this topic about Modified Version of FlexScan3D, which is an enhanced version of the software and all of the mentioned problems have been solved, besides many other enhancements. in this topic I mentioned all of these problems more than 2 years ago and I've solved them all one by one.
Take a look here: viewtopic.php?p=5249#p5249

🟢 in the Modified Version of FlexScan3D, all cameras brand are supported and the Scan Capture Speed is even faster than Basler and FLIR cameras (we reached 0.5 seconds per scan), and there are many other enhancements. There is direct access to all of the cameras settings in the software and it supports "Hardware Triggering and Synchronization" for Super Fast Scan mode
fast 3D scan.jpg
fast 3D scan.jpg (20.27 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Fast scan modes in Modified Version of FlexScan3D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xjp3XpulaI
Read more here about scan speed in the Modified Version of the software: viewtopic.php?p=5238#p5238

🟢 in the Modified Version of FlexScan3D, the DirectShow driver have active HDR support and also it includes shiny and glossy object scanning.
viewtopic.php?p=5153#p5153
HDR for Dshow.jpg
HDR for Dshow.jpg (28.72 KiB) Viewed 2182 times

🟢 Also in the Modified Version of FlexScan3D, besides DirectShow, there is Native support for Daheng, ToupCam and JAI cameras.
in the native support for these cameras, I added several different enhanced and optimized algorithms to drive cameras at their full potential and get the best scan results.
The Modified Version of FlexScan3D support Last camera Driver with all of its potentials.
Supported Cameras.JPG
Supported Cameras in Modified Version of FlexScan3D

🔴 about FLIR and PointGrey cameras, these two brands have driver issue on Win10 and Win11. Many of users are experiencing random crashes during scanning and calibration, so Polyga cut support for these two brands in its last software update. So FLIR and PointGrey cameras, besides their high price, due to driver issues, are not good options, mostly headache.
a good news is that I've almost solve this problem for some FLIR camera models (based of the request of some of my clients), but the solution is not a universal solution for all FLIR and PointGrey models, each camera needs its own enhancement. I'm still working on this problem to solve it universally and permanently.

🟡 About Basler cameras, they are good and expensive, and in Modified Version of FlexScan3D, I upgraded the Basler cameras drivers to the last version from Basler company. So we have full access to the cameras potential. Specially for new cameras, the new Driver version is essential (some Basler cameras had functionality problem with old Basler driver).
This Post is about Basler enchantments in the Modified Version of Flexscan3D, I posted two years ago: viewtopic.php?p=5020#p5020
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Has anyone written and or posted a detailed how to on modifying the PF1500/HF60 projector?
µ
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

greenskynet wrote: 27 May 2024, 05:16 Snip
Hi Nasr,
I've been well. Just busy with life ATM.

I would like to point out to everyone, for full transparency, that the "Modified" Flexscan3D software being SOLD is not endorsed or supported by Polyga.

Polyga has no affiliation with greeskynet/Nasr in any way.
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Alonso wrote: 29 May 2024, 17:32
greenskynet wrote: 27 May 2024, 05:16 Snip
Hi Nasr,
I've been well. Just busy with life ATM.

I would like to point out to everyone, for full transparency, that the "Modified" Flexscan3D software being SOLD is not endorsed or supported by Polyga.

Polyga has no affiliation with greeskynet/Nasr in any way.
Thank you for informing.
Polyga even doesn't have any technical support for its own software released on their website and it has been mentioned clearly in Polyga website too.

But I have full technical support for my Modified version of FlexScan3D software, from beginner level (starting the software and launching the scanner) to advanced level (involving advanced features for high speed and high quality scans).
Fly

Post by Fly »

Scanning with gray points works really well. This is my scan test. https://youtu.be/rebcpZ1Nw1A?si=z9Exi7bYauVsqMOB
Image_1718208328801.png
Image_1718208319660.png
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Fly wrote: 14 Jun 2024, 08:49 Scanning with gray points works really well. This is my scan test. https://youtu.be/rebcpZ1Nw1A?si=z9Exi7bYauVsqMOB Image_1718208328801.pngImage_1718208319660.png
Nice scans. Which point gray cameras (Lenses) and which projector?

Is that a boars skull?
µ
Fly

Post by Fly »

used is POINT GREY GS3 U3 91s.The projector is a modified DLP1080p home projector.50mm lens
dental_art

Post by dental_art »

modified version:
if you have MER cameras don't take it works badly it is very slow with dshow, and it is not supported for the native version,
only MER2 is supported don't waste your money like I did.
for turntables if you want to work well on 2 axes you have to use those produced by the developer, the others are compatible but operation is very slow