Tonights Scan project (Artec Eva Content :)

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
Micr0

Tonights Scan project (Artec Eva Content :)

Post by Micr0 »

I friend of mine lent me an Artech Eva a week ago. And I've been using it with Scan Studio 12 for about a week now. Tonight I went to a friends studio and tried scanning a few of his sculptures. They range in size from about 1 sq meter to pieces that are the size small trucks. Here is a picture of one that is table top sized. So far the Artec is very easy to use, easy to set up (plug it in and go) and is pretty fast once you get a feel for it. However the resolution/level of detail is not even close to what my David rig can produce. I'll write more after I've use the thing more.
Pelzman Scan1.jpg
µ
3dxcan

Re: Tonights Scan project (Artec Eva Content :)

Post by 3dxcan »

Micr0 wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 03:36 I friend of mine lent me an Artech Eva a week ago. And I've been using it with Scan Studio 12 for about a week now. Tonight I went to a friends studio and tried scanning a few of his sculptures. They range in size from about 1 sq meter to pieces that are the size small trucks. Here is a picture of one that is table top sized. So far the Artec is very easy to use, easy to set up (plug it in and go) and is pretty fast once you get a feel for it. However the resolution/level of detail is not even close to what my David rig can produce. I'll write more after I've use the thing more.

Pelzman Scan1.jpg
Very interesting post. Looking forward to your updates. Artec Eva is a pretty expensive handheld device, right?
erapip

Re: Tonights Scan project (Artec Eva Content :)

Post by erapip »

@Micr0 what do you mean "level of detail....." compared with David?! Is Eva quality better?
Can you make some commparison and share.
Thanks!