David sls projector angle

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
economycar

David sls projector angle

Post by economycar »

Hi, I have a home made david setup with an acer K132 and an imaging source camera. I am looking to make a better mounting setup either using 3D printed mounts or off the shelf arca-swiss style components. What is the vertical angle of the projector in the stock david setup? It appears to be fixed in a slightly downward slope. Also, is there any benefit to making this angle adjustable? Obviously it is easier to just print a mount that is an angled block if there is no downside to keeping it fixed.
Thanks,
Mike
SilverGhost

Re: David sls projector angle

Post by SilverGhost »

The angle is about 15 degrees. There is no need to adjust it.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

economycar wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 04:57 Hi, I have a home made david setup with an acer K132 and an imaging source camera. I am looking to make a better mounting setup either using 3D printed mounts or off the shelf arca-swiss style components. What is the vertical angle of the projector in the stock david setup? It appears to be fixed in a slightly downward slope. Also, is there any benefit to making this angle adjustable? Obviously it is easier to just print a mount that is an angled block if there is no downside to keeping it fixed.
Thanks,
Mike
I can't speak for the K132 but I found home projectors to have throw angles around 10 degrees. I made (3D printed) my projector mount adjustable +-5º centered around 10º. Initally because I had 2 projectors with slightly different throw angles. I think It helps increase the versatility of the set up as there is some adjustment needed between very small and large subjects. That said I don't have to adjust it that often but it's nice to have.
µ
Diva1917

Post by Diva1917 »

Hi,
Do you still have a serial for the David software, I can't get hold of a serial that works with the version that supports scanning with a laserpointer.

Kind regards
Nicolai