Dimmensional Precision tests

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
erapip

Dimmensional Precision tests

Post by erapip »

I try to make the first test for the calib.scale 120mm (David original). You can see by yourself the differences.
Caliper approx 40.02mm
What about yours?
Attachments
20180129_150209.jpg
20180129_150624.jpg
20180129_150428.jpg
mading

Re: Dimmensional Precision tests

Post by mading »

Hi,
how did you measure width in software?

Just in case you measure only a distance between two points:
Metrology tools such as GOM inspect offers you the possibility to simulate a caliper measurement:
https://youtu.be/LdbN8YaZ1Og?t=1m3s
You decide the regions you want to evaluate, and also some criteria about the caliper shape.

I think it's more accurate than checking a single distance beteween two points. (and it's free)

(I'm not a GOM representative, I just found it incredibly better than other tools for this kind of operations)
Clip.jpg
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
erapip

Re: Dimmensional Precision tests

Post by erapip »

In the first pocture it measure dhe differences of 2 plains created in both sides. The third measure the distance in a cutting section. Thats why the valies are different.
Thanks ;)

mading wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 09:02 Hi,
how did you measure width in software?

Just in case you measure only a distance between two points:
Metrology tools such as GOM inspect offers you the possibility to simulate a caliper measurement:
https://youtu.be/LdbN8YaZ1Og?t=1m3s
You decide the regions you want to evaluate, and also some criteria about the caliper shape.

I think it's more accurate than checking a single distance beteween two points. (and it's free)

(I'm not a GOM representative, I just found it incredibly better than other tools for this kind of operations)

Clip.jpg