Optoma ML330 Led & Canon 6d

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
lovebay1

Optoma ML330 Led & Canon 6d

Post by lovebay1 »

Hi to all, i'm new in 3d scanning, i have few questions about my projector, I' ve used Let's scan software of Narmella and My canon 6d, but i noticed a strange effect in photos of calibration, some green and purple reflection, i think is RGB led projection, so i think that this projector is not good for this work or there are some settings to be set?
Can you confirm please,so I return it for refund because it is new ordered.
image006-r.jpg
image004-r.jpg
Micr0

Re: Optoma ML330 Led & Canon 6d

Post by Micr0 »

lovebay1 wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 16:06 Hi to all, i'm new in 3d scanning, i have few questions about my projector, I' ve used Let's scan software of Narmella and My canon 6d, but i noticed a strange effect in photos of calibration, some green and purple reflection, i think is RGB led projection, so i think that this projector is not good for this work or there are some settings to be set?
Can you confirm please,so I return it for refund because it is new ordered.
image006-r.jpgimage004-r.jpg
Color fringing is a common problem with inexpensive projectors. I don't know the ml330 but I don't think it uses a color wheel. So this is most likely to be caused by chromatic aberration, which is the projector lens not combining the different colors properly. Inexpensive lenses have this problem more so than expensive ones. I wish I could offer you some advise as to how to compensate for it. One thing you might try is to invert your calibration panels. This eliminates the hot spots in the corner and reflections that negative corner set ups have.
µ
lovebay1

Post by lovebay1 »

Thanks Micr0, in meantime I continued to practice with the logitech c920 webcam, and i changed angle of calibration, and I managed to greatly improve the scans,obtaining less rough and very precise surfaces.
I scanned also a bottle of bath soap but David 3 free don't let me to export file, so i've made a video from smartphone for show result.
Now I'm uploading on youtube and i will add link here.
20180131_175123.jpg
lovebay1

Post by lovebay1 »