Sense 2 with Kscan3D/FlexScan3D

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
Oesh01

Sense 2 with Kscan3D/FlexScan3D

Post by Oesh01 »

Hey guys!

I am hoping for some guidance with my equipment. I have been using Kscan with a simple Xbox sensor setup... bulky! So recently I purchase a 3D Systems Sense 2 scanner in hopes of updating my setup. I like the form factor of the Sense 2 but don't really care for its software... no control. Is there anyway I can get Kscan to see my Sense 2 scanner?

Help please!
OBNRacerMan

Re: Sense 2 with Kscan3D/FlexScan3D

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Hey.
If I'm not mistaken, the KScan does not support SR300 sensors (which are used in Sense 2).
The earlier Sense (1) had SR200 (or F200) sensors - so it might still support them (ReconstructMe also supports Sense 1, but not Sense 2).
So if you want some third-party software for working with devices using relatively modern Intel RealSense sensors - SR300/305, D415/435/435i, L505 (lidar) - then use RecFusion - a lot of things are supported there.

P.S. I have a Kinect for xBox 360 (Kinect 1), Intel Realsense SR305 and D415.
Oesh01

Post by Oesh01 »

I am really hoping that there is a driver that I could install and/or some "tweak" I can do.
I really like the control of the Kscan3D gives.

I have briefly looked into the RecFusion and it looks very similar to what the Sense 2 software offers. More of a scan and go software with very little editing.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Unfortunately, Kscan3D has not been supported for a long time by the developers, because they have completely switched to a different type of scanning in Flexscan 3D. ReconstructMe (and some other programs) are also not updated for a long time.