HP 3D scan with 2 different cameras

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
John_NW

HP 3D scan with 2 different cameras

Post by John_NW »

I have a HP 3D scan setup with a K132 and a single DFK 33UX174 Imaging source camera. I'd like to upgrade to a second camera for better accuracy. Will it be necessary to get another Imaging Source camera or can add a camera from the HP 3D scan setups that are now discounted?
OBNRacerMan

Re: HP 3D scan with 2 different cameras

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Hi.
I didn't have Imaging Source cameras, but once I tried using HP3DScan with a couple of other different camera models (various webcams, cheap universal industrial UVC cameras, Toupcam, Mindvision, Daheng cameras and even cameras built into Intel Realsense SR305 modules and D415) - it worked.
P.S. Moreover, cameras can have completely different matrix resolutions. However, for higher quality, it is desirable to add a second camera with characteristics close to the first camera.
P.P.S. At the same time, for example, two identical Toupcam or Daheng cameras cannot simultaneously work in HP3DScan due to the peculiarities of this program ...
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
John_NW

Post by John_NW »

Thanks, I'll try the HP camera
John_NW

Post by John_NW »

Thanks, I got the HP 3d scan camera as a second camera and so far the results are good. Now I need to get a wider angle lens to match my other camera and 450mm calibration tool.