Flexscan3D with IS cameras

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
mading

Flexscan3D with IS cameras

Post by mading »

Hi there,
I started this topic since today I installed and run Flexscan3D with my couple of IS 23UX236, thanks to the kind and fast support of Polyga.
:-)

-Drivers for IS USB cameras are available here: https://www.theimagingsource.com/suppor ... uvccamtis/

Installation was easy. I had some warning since I host Rangevision in the same computer, and I had to change something to the directshow.
Don't ask me what, since I just followed the instructions.
Now I'm going to print a chessboard to roughly test the calibration procedure.

It's a new exciting journey!
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
Alonso

Re: Flexscan3D with IS cameras

Post by Alonso »

Lucky guy! It'll be a bit before I can use FS3D with my is cameras.

However I did print out the calibration checkerboards yesterday. I'm slowly preparing to do some scanning again. I'm so excited 😁

Please let us know how everything goes!
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

mading wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 19:52 ... I had some warning since I host Rangevision in the same computer, and I had to change something to the directshow...
Hi. As far as I understand, since you have an RV, then you also have Daheng cameras - they are still not visible in the list of the "updated" version of FS3D as in the old versions?
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
mading

Post by mading »

Today I started with some tests.
Calibration was fast, although I was not super precise.
A chessboard printed with an inkjet and glued to a particleboard. Just a try.

I still have some issues scanning, as I reported to Polyga: no mesh is created.
I suspect the projector: the LG PF50ks is seen as 1280*720.
Checked the depth filter, but it's not the cause of the missing data.

I definetely prefer flat calibration panels, and don't understand why David insisted so much in the angle panels.
That made sense with one camera. But a pain in the axx for two.
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
mading

Post by mading »

Here is what it looks like a fast and furious calibration:
calibration.png
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

I read somewhere that for the best calibration result it was recommended to use not a black and white table, but a gray and white one ...
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
mading

Post by mading »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 07:51 Hi. As far as I understand, since you have an RV, then you also have Daheng cameras - they are still not visible in the list of the "updated" version of FS3D as in the old versions?
Hi OBNRacerMan.
Not yet tested, although when I asked them (see old posts) they says that Daheng was too a small manufacturer.
I'll let you know ASAP.
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

mading wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 19:52 Hi there,
I started this topic since today I installed and run Flexscan3D with my couple of IS 23UX236, thanks to the kind and fast support of Polyga.
:-)

-Drivers for IS USB cameras are available here: https://www.theimagingsource.com/suppor ... uvccamtis/

Installation was easy. I had some warning since I host Rangevision in the same computer, and I had to change something to the directshow.
Don't ask me what, since I just followed the instructions.
Now I'm going to print a chessboard to roughly test the calibration procedure.

It's a new exciting journey!
Hi
How do you use IS cameras with Flex? As I know it only supports Pointgrey Cameras.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

They're using a beta build with added support for Imaging Source cameras. Polyga, the developers of FlexScan3D are here in the forum.
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

That’s true... :lol:

Latest FS3D has basler, ptgrey/ flir and dshow drivers. The dshow drivers will work with Imaging source / David cameras for scanning.