FlexScan3D modified Version (perfect support for Directshow and WebCam)

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
greenskynet

Re: FlexScan3D modified Version (perfect support for Directshow and WebCam)

Post by greenskynet »

New update 😎😎😎😎

today I released a new update with an other enhancement for increasing the scanning speed (Advance_FastScanningMode_3).
and the result is amazing 😎😍

The scan time for each scan reduced to about 2~2.7 seconds for cheap webcam cameras, including Black and Red cameras. (before my last updates the scan time was about 7~10 seconds)

And for industrial cameras (30fps or more), the scan time has reached 1.3 seconds per scan or less. (before my last updates the scan time was about 4~5 seconds)

and now one of my clients reached 0.46 second per scan !!!! 😎😎😎😍😍😍😍

Modified version of FlexScan.jpg
erol

Post by erol »

Very good innovations πŸ‘
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

new update 😎😍

Now Daheng cameras can be used in my modified version of FlexScan3D via Daheng SDK 😎

Before this Daheng cameras were available via Dshow driver in my modified version of FlexScan, but now I've connected them via their certain SDK and we have access to all of specs of cameras in the software.

I've added Daheng SDK not for a simple scanning task, but for a special purpose which will be a super big surprise in near future! guess what ...

in future I will add more SDKs for other manufacturers and companies to my modified version for time to time 😊

Daheng in FS.jpg
kurtzanker

Post by kurtzanker »

Hi, I have just started using FlexScan 3D and it is totally worth it to only use with expensive products. :) :)
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

kurtzanker wrote: ↑01 Nov 2022, 04:19 Hi, I have just started using FlexScan 3D and it is totally worth it to only use with expensive products. :) :)
my modified version can support all products. from cheapest to the most expensive ones 😊
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

greenskynet wrote: ↑23 Oct 2022, 16:54 New update 😎😎😎😎

today I released a new update with an other enhancement for increasing the scanning speed (Advance_FastScanningMode_3).
and the result is amazing 😎😍

The scan time for each scan reduced to about 2~2.7 seconds for cheap webcam cameras, including Black and Red cameras. (before my last updates the scan time was about 7~10 seconds)

And for industrial cameras (30fps or more), the scan time has reached 1.3 seconds per scan or less. (before my last updates the scan time was about 4~5 seconds)

and now one of my clients reached 0.46 second per scan !!!! 😎😎😎😍😍😍😍
watch the following video about fast scanning modes in my modified version of FlexScan3D😎😍
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xjp3XpulaI

photo_2022-11-13_11-38-16.jpg
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Scan a 1.3 Ton impeller in FlexScan3D modified version 😎
watch the following video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1BBUxyiWM4

thanks to three fast scanning modes and also Binning option in my modified version of FlexScan3D, scanning of this big impeller took less than 4 hours 😎

dddd.jpg
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

New minor update
now VRMagic cameras are supported in my modified version (including VRMagic VRmC-9+/BW) 😎😎😎
in my last update I've added VRmagic cameras to modified version of FlexScan3D based on a request from one of my clients.

VR Magic camera.jpg
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Hi to all
I've released new update for my modified version of FlexScan3D! 😍😎

The change log:

1- Shiny_Object_Scanning mode has been added. this is a great feature 😎😎😎

2- Fast scanning modes are on the max speed. we can call it super fast. I expect 1.3 second per scan for Dshow users, or even faster (mostly lest than 1 second per scan).

3- some other minor upgrades

My focus on this update was on "shiny object scanning mode". This mode helps to scan shiny surfaces with no need to matte and spray them with whitenning spray. Surfaces like metals, ceramics and shiny plastics. Also it helps on dark surfaces scanning too.

The user can combine it with HDR function to scan multi color and shiny objects very effectively 😎

In the two following photos you can see the scan result of two shiny metal objects without matting them. You can see clearly how well and effective my new update is😎😎 (this test was done by one of my professional clients, Mr. Erol)

follow my new updates and results in our Telegram group: https://t.me/DIY_3D_Scanner

Shiny Object scanning_L.jpg
--------
Shiny Object Scanning2.jpg
in the second photo, the red scan is with disabling "shiny objects scanning mode", and the pink scan is with enabling "shiny objects scanning mode"
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Hi everyone
Another new professional update for my modified version of FlexScan3D!!! 😎😎😎
Hardware Triggering and synchronization is now available in my modified version of FlexScan3D😍😎!

This feature is an advanced option that is only available on the expensive professional SLS scanners, and no DIY 3D scanner kit has this feature until now.
Hardware triggering is a method to synchronize 'the cameras, the software and the projector' and control them in a close loop system.

by using hardware triggering we can reach extremely high capturing rate (about 0.2~0.3 seconds per scan).
And due to stable illumination and capturing condition in particular short time intervals, the scans quality will be so better, the edges will be sharper and cameras will be less sensitive to ambient light and noises.
By hardware triggering you don't have limitation about any cameras exposure time, you can select any value and it is not important to have any considerations about projector frequency. The synchronization circuit will cover all of these shortcomings.

Also by Hardware triggering, with some few certain considerations it is possible to use lower resolution projectors and receive the same scan quality of the high resolution projectors. can anyone guess any reason for this? As a guide, I mentioned the reason in above lines of my post 😎

This update is available for all cameras, including Dshow cameras, Basler cameras and FLIR cameras. But your cameras must have I/O connector.✌️
Fortunately most of industrial cameras have I/O port, but if your cameras don't have I/O port, don't worry, I have some other solutions to bypass this problem too!πŸ˜‰

This update is a part of the goal of my SLS project, a professional DIY hand held scanner 😍😎

Hardware Triggering in FlexScan3D.jpg
HardWare Trigger.jpg