FlexScan3D modified Version (perfect support for Directshow and WebCam)

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
Y.A.B

Re: FlexScan3D modified Version (perfect support for Directshow and WebCam)

Post by Y.A.B »

after trying it, I can tell that this modification is so helpfull, actually it's better than original :D
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

😍 New Update 😍

🟒 Now it is possible to create USB dongle License for my modified version 😍

Before this I was only creating licenses based on PC hardware ID. So if user wanted to update his PC or use his software on an other PC, he had some troubles (he couldn't use his software on multiple system, and also by doing any hardware update, he had to ask for his license updating too (in this case I update licenses for free) )

βœ… But now I can create license based on USB dongle. So my user can use any PC for launching the software and also there is no need for license updating after any PC hardware changes.
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

greenskynet wrote: ↑06 Jan 2022, 22:07 😍 New Update 😍

🟒 Now it is possible to create USB dongle License for my modified version 😍

Before this I was only creating licenses based on PC hardware ID. So if user wanted to update his PC or use his software on an other PC, he had some troubles (he couldn't use his software on multiple system, and also by doing any hardware update, he had to ask for his license updating too (in this case I update licenses for free) )

βœ… But now I can create license based on USB dongle. So my user can use any PC for launching the software and also there is no need for license updating after any PC hardware changes.

🟒 A short discussion about the Dongle:

I will use a USB Network Adapter as Dongle.
Any "USB Network Adapter" can be used (brand, price and type of Adapter is not important at all)

The user can buy any USB Network Adapter and connect it to his PC. Then I can create a license based on that USB Network Adapter.

βœ… By this way there is no need for shipping any thing.

By using Dongle, user can launch the software on any PC as while as the dongle is connected to that PC.

In the below you can see some of USB Network Adapters which can be used as dongle:
DD0.jpg
DD1.jpg
DD2.jpg
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

New Update 😍
βœ… My modified version can support IDS cameras successfully.

Generally some IDS drivers conflict with Basler driver (Basler driver will be installed automatically during Flex installation). So if there was any problem in this case, you can easily uninstall Basler driver manually and continue using IDS cameras.
IDS cameras are very good brand and also expensive one.
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

New season of modifications is coming! 😎😎😎😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Be ready for new good news πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜

These modifications open a new door to professional DIY 3D scanners. It allows user to make a high end scanner 😎😍
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

πŸ”΄ Many of people asked me about calibration panel and I told all of them that the calibration panel is the most critical component of a scanner and also it is the most difficult to make a real precise one.

⛔️ making a real accurate calibration panel needs very special and expensive tools and knowledge. It is almost impossible to make a precise calibration panel at home.

🟠 Till now I've suggested all members to use UV flat printing services to print calibration panel directly on Glass. Glass is almost perfectly flat. So we are sure about flatness. But what about the printer accuracy? common printers are not designed for printing high accuracy photos and drawings (you must know accuracy is different from resolution. a printer can be very high resolution, but its carriage guides (X & Y guides) may not be perfectly perpendicular, so the printing result will not be accurate).

βœ… But we have a great solution: LCD panels (or other such display modules). 😍😍
They are manufactured with MEMS technology and they are almost accurate up to ideal. Even a low resolution LCD can be more accurate than a printed calibration panel with high quality inspection.

525.jpg

🟒 Fortunately FlexScan calibration panel includes only squares with straight edges. So we don't need anti-aliasing for sub pixel rendering (other software's calibration panels like RV and HP use none-straght shapes and edges, so this will be a problem).

🟒 Also FlexScan calibration process doesn't involve the projector, so we can turn off the projector, and the light of LCD is enough for capturing by itself. By this way we don't have light reflection issue (you must note that during calibration your projector must be connected to software to be recognized by the software, but it must be turned off).

⚠️ the only problem is calculating the scale of calibration panel. but it is not very important. we must first calibrate camera lenses with an unknow scale calibration panel. then we can find its scale by scanning an accurate object like external cans of a ball-bearing (also FlexScan has some special module for calibration tuning with ballbar that has made it very easy)

00.jpg
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

An old antique coin scanned with modified version of FlexScan, by using two simple Logitech webcam and a 800x600 projector 😍
You can see how much details you can get by using very cheap and simple hardware...
I found this antique coins in one of my travels to Land of Civilization, Persia

photo_2022-02-28_18-12-44.jpg
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Scanning another coin with modified version of FlexScan, by using two simple Logitech webcam and a 800x600 projector 😍

Actually, maybe I should have written this post in the "Your last scan" category of the forum, but it has a lot of valuable content related to this thread, so I decided to post it here.

🟒 For this Scan I used the display of my smartphone as a calibration panel to calibrate the scanner by the method I wrote in previous posts.
Also I used markers for automatic alignment. software detected them fast and easily.

DSD1.jpg
DSD2.jpg

βœ… I recorded all of the scanning process, from calibration to finalizing. You can watch the following video for more detail. It is a tutorial video.

🟑 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKX2jgMwt7k 🟑
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

greenskynet wrote: ↑01 Dec 2021, 13:45 Hi
Today I fixed another bug of FlexScan3D! πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘‡

FlexScan3D, has a big bug with Basler cameras. πŸ”΄ The software will override some of Important camera's setting sπŸ”΄

By using Basler cameras, we use Pylon software to adjust the camera settings and save them in "User Set 1".

When the camera is loaded in Flex, all settings will be loaded from "User select 1". but some parameters will be overridden and they are not set as you set and saved them in "User select 1".

⛔️ The overridden parameters are:

1- Resolution: Flex always set the maximum possible resolution of camera. So user can't crop or change camera resolution any more. (Also setting resolution at highest value influences Framerate and cause low frame rate).

2- Gamma: Flex always set the Gamma value to 1.0

3- Gain: Flex always set the Gait to 0.0. it is bad, because we need Gain adjustment for different situation.

4- Trigger Source: Flex always set Trigger to "Software".

5- Black Level: Flex always set Black Level to a very unrelated valueπŸ˜‚. I can't understand why the company did thisπŸ˜‚

βœ… So I've fixed these bugs in my new modified files😍😎.
In continuation of this post, I create a new update for Basler cameras, Dart series: Support for Basler Dart cameras via "Basler-mode"

πŸ”΄ In the company website it is written that some Basler Dart cameras are supported by the FlexScan3D, but original version of FlexScan absolutely can't support any model of Basler Dart cameras. The software has a certain failure about Dart cameras (and also about many other Basler models), which doesn't allow users to capture any photo by cameras, you can not even calibrate your scanner with Dart cameras and original version of FlexScan3D.

🟑 Some of our Telegram group members fell into trap and bought Dart cameras based on the writing on the company website and then they saw that it is impossible to use those cameras via "Basler-mode". So I introduced them Dshow support for Basler cameras. Till now all Basler cameras can work via Dshow in modified version of FlexScan3D.

But this was not the end, I know using a camera via its native SDK has lots of advantages. Low CPU load, extremely fast scanning, Synchronous capturing and possibility of using HDR capability of the software are some of its major advantages.
🟒 So I started working to make a full support for Basler Dart cameras via their native SDK (Basler-mode) in the software and finally the efforts came to fruition 😍

βœ… Now in the modified version of FlexScan3D, Basler Dart cameras are completely supported via Basler-mode. You can easily select your cameras, calibrate your scanner and start scanning using Basler Dart cameras😎

Basler Dart.jpg
Basler Dart.jpg (6.89 KiB) Viewed 7914 times
elliotaldarson1717

Post by elliotaldarson1717 »

Hello,
Mediafire links not working... How can i purchase this modified version of yours???will it come with Installer...
thanks,
regards,