HP 3D Scan 5.6.0 with a 3DConnexion Spacemouse?

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
RJES

HP 3D Scan 5.6.0 with a 3DConnexion Spacemouse?

Post by RJES »

Hi, I know there is no native support for the 3DConnexion Spacemouse in HP 3D Scan, but I wondered whether anybody had got HP 3D Scan 5.6.0 working with a Spacemouse via the ‘Rawmouse’ driverless interface plugin developed for Ultimaker Cura (https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/3 ... -rawmouse/ )?

In Cura this plugin works perfectly after a bit of reconfiguration of the axis directions and scales given that Cura also having no native Spacemouse support. In Windows it even works with the 3DXWare Spacemouse driver also running. Out of interest, I dropped the Rawmouse plugin into the HP 3D Sacn Plugins folder, and it sort of works. Various Spacemouse axis movements do control things, but the wrong things. For example, ‘roll axis’ Spacemouse movements scroll menus up and down, and the ‘zoom in’ Spacemouse movement (i.e. pulling the puck towards you) zooms out in HP 3D Scan, but the ‘zoom out’ Spacemouse movement does nothing.

I believe Rawmouse is quite configurable in terms of mapping the puck movements to mouse actions, and that this is quite well documented, but I’m no programmer, and messing with the settings for that is beyond me. However, I suspect it may well be possible for someone who knows what they are doing to configure Rawmouse to interface correctly with HP 3D Scan. Google has not found me any evidence of anyone having achieved this though? Thank you,
Micr0

Re: HP 3D Scan 5.6.0 with a 3DConnexion Spacemouse?

Post by Micr0 »

RJES wrote: 08 Dec 2021, 22:47 Hi, I know there is no native support for the 3DConnexion Spacemouse in HP 3D Scan, but I wondered whether anybody had got HP 3D Scan 5.6.0 working with a Spacemouse via the ‘Rawmouse’ driverless interface plugin developed for Ultimaker Cura (https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/3 ... -rawmouse/ )?

In Cura this plugin works perfectly after a bit of reconfiguration of the axis directions and scales given that Cura also having no native Spacemouse support. In Windows it even works with the 3DXWare Spacemouse driver also running. Out of interest, I dropped the Rawmouse plugin into the HP 3D Sacn Plugins folder, and it sort of works. Various Spacemouse axis movements do control things, but the wrong things. For example, ‘roll axis’ Spacemouse movements scroll menus up and down, and the ‘zoom in’ Spacemouse movement (i.e. pulling the puck towards you) zooms out in HP 3D Scan, but the ‘zoom out’ Spacemouse movement does nothing.

I believe Rawmouse is quite configurable in terms of mapping the puck movements to mouse actions, and that this is quite well documented, but I’m no programmer, and messing with the settings for that is beyond me. However, I suspect it may well be possible for someone who knows what they are doing to configure Rawmouse to interface correctly with HP 3D Scan. Google has not found me any evidence of anyone having achieved this though? Thank you,
I never tried rawmouse but I was never able to get my space explorer to work with David. stopped using it because it would continually forge my function key maps.
µ