3D scanner SL DIY

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
jufond

3D scanner SL DIY

Post by jufond »

Hello The 3dscanforum !

Im Julien
since sevrals weeks i work alround a scanner solution.

My first project is scan a foot for creat a shoes.
And step by step i m interested to found a solution of scanner with a good precison for re-creat some mecanical part for my job.

in first i try Kinect V2, but, im not sure that with TOF it possible to have good precision
second was photogrametry, with out a good succes

so after read a lot, (SL projector + cam + David...) i think, agood system will be with 2 cameras polarized and Grill laser 2D

(something like that https://it.aliexpress.com/item/10050029 ... 2945620112 )

What do you think about this thinking ?
Do you know if someone work in a DIY solution similair at that ?

or if you think i take a wrong way, don't hesitate to advice me

Thank you
and merry chrimas !

Julien
greenskynet

Re: 3D scanner SL DIY

Post by greenskynet »

Hi
for a good scanner you need two cameras and a projector and a software and a calibration panel.

all these four parameters are important.

with my 8 years experiences about 3D scanning, I have several solutions for you depending on how much money you can spend for this.

you can buy cameras from 50$ to more than 1000$
and projector 100$ to more than 2000$
and lots of software
and several method to create calibration panel

but if you are looking for a good scanner with a good balance in price and quality, I can offer you use FlexScan3D.

And if you want to know why I'm suggesting FlexScan3D, just search the forum and read several discussions about this software.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2331
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2305

Also another option for you is the RV software. It is Russian software, but only can accept some special model of Daheng cameras. You can search about it too (also its calibration panel is a little special and not very easy for DIY)

I started a DIY community about professional DIY 3D scanners. It is completely different from toy and hobbies. We concentrate on professional and accurate scanners for industrial and medical purpose.
you can see some of my posts via following links and also join to our Telegram group (https://t.me/DIY_3D_Scanner)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2318
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2330