Few questions about ScanCenter

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
mdesign

Re: Few questions about ScanCenter

Post by mdesign »

... but to reach this you can raise camera keeping that 10.65 angle (go up) or simply raise the vertical angle of the camera and change that 10.65 angle.
In my opinion, raising with keeping that angle would be better. As I said before I`m not sure how crucial that angle is for the whole process.

Do you know which method is chosen in PRO RangeVision scanners?
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

mdesign wrote: 21 May 2022, 13:34 Do you know which method is chosen in PRO RangeVision scanners?
I have no idea how exactly the alignment is arranged there. I only know that it is there.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
erol

Post by erol »

I am using hp and flexscan3d as programs. While I was mounting the projector, I took 10.65 degrees as the base. I am able to change the vertical angle of the projector from the rear bolts on the projector's mounting bracket. For example in hp 3d software I move the projector back and forth to align the projector and camera centers and if necessary change the angle of the projector (which is 10.65 degrees).And I did not have any problems with this setup, for now, my scan samples are in my previous posts.I think 10.65 degrees is not so important. Align the projector and camera centers approximately in the scanning software you are using.
Attachments
photo_2022-05-05_16-09-04 (2) - Kopya.jpg
erol

Post by erol »

For example, several large and small scans scanned with this setup.
Attachments
500fan1.JPG
cimbiz1.JPG
vida1.JPG
sunroof1.JPG
sandalye1.JPG
mdesign

Post by mdesign »

Thanks erol. Very nice scans.

I had both sets. One with 10.65 and the other with random angles. Both scans were shaped walls. The difference was in measure accuracy but maybe the difference was something else not in that angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682Wh9IhqyY - This test has been made with 10.62 angle and was much better than the same test with a random camera angle only to meet camera center and projector center (vertically).

It was STANLEY TYLON measure tape from the market. I wanted to buy the best possible market brand of measure tape to have the best quality. I know it`s not best method of measure but it gives me some knowledge about my build (between different iterations).
mdesign

Post by mdesign »

I`ve got the answer from LG support.

They said that the angle (10.65) is changing during changing zoom. They said also that every model has a bit different values because of production accuracy spread, so they can`t give me an exact angle.

I`ve asked again them to give me a rounded angle on the minimum zoom value. I will update here if they will send me that angle.