The Optomise Dual Camrea Setting?

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
Micr0

The Optomise Dual Camrea Setting?

Post by Micr0 »

I found something very interesting and distressing with David 5 this evening. It's distressing because I think it highlights a flaw in David 5 but without being able to tale do someone from David there is know way of knowing. I have no doubt that posting this over at the HP forum would be met with silence. A mark of how good your calibration is is shown at the end of the sequence when the black and white squares are shown connecting the dots of the calibration panel. The closer the edges of the squares intersect to the centers of the dots the better the calibration (you have looked closely at this after the calibration sequence is done right?). Tonight I was getting calibration results with a set of 160mm panels where the left panel was perfect but the squares on the right pane were not well aligned. After adjusting and fiddling with it for a bout 30 min I turned the optimize dual camera calibration and bingo, perfect looking calibration. However. After completing the alignment of a sequence of 24 scans. There was noticeable distortion and miss alignment present. The same as in the pictures I posted to the old David forum when I was having trouble with the new David 5 beta. I'd really like to run this by Sven or Simon. Does anyone have their email address? I Doubt they would be legally able to answer questions here.
µ
avogra
Site Admin

Re: The Optomise Dual Camrea Setting?

Post by avogra »

I have almost the same problem and posted in the HP forum. Think it was 2 weeks ago. until now i didn't get a response. Yet I hope, this has reached Sven anyway. When I reported some crashes on my PC, they published a new version only a few days later. Maybe it makes sense to post over there or reply to my post and attach your findings?
Found my post: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/3D-Scannin ... -p/5850542
avogra
Site Admin

Post by avogra »

Ah, you already did ;-)
Curiousjeff

Post by Curiousjeff »

Does the same error occur in "stereo" and in "extendend view" mode ?

Jeff
P.S. This is bad news. I decided to go the David 5 route with two machine vision cameras mostly because of Micr0 great scans. Arghhh