Calibration pannel correction

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
Oteck

Calibration pannel correction

Post by Oteck »

Does David3d compensate for calibration board alignment imperfections? i know you can manually set the distance of the panel with offsets if you dig deep into the settings. My issue with my new panel is the hinges doesn't allow them to be near corner to corner leaving gaps
Micr0

Re: Calibration pannel correction

Post by Micr0 »

AFAIK The gap shouldn't be an issue as long as the dots are where they should be. The first Column of dots should be the distance from the inside corner that is half the distance between columns otherwise. The panels need to be exactly 90deg but there can be a bit of rotational error which David will compensate for. Irrespective, you really should get the panels as close to perfect as possible. If for no other reason than to eliminate as many variables/source of error as you can.
µ
Oteck

Re: Calibration pannel correction

Post by Oteck »

I can remove the hinges and place the corner and support beams but it will be permanently be fixed. For the time being i won't be using for a while but if i must i'll need to find a shop that has a wide brake press to trim off the excess and correct the gapping. Kinda wished i left outer guide lines so i know the dots are parralel within each other