Can David do Automatic ََAlignment?

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
Mongrel

Re: Can David do Automatic ََAlignment?

Post by Mongrel »

The driver to create the port for the David Turntable can be installed from the latest version of David 4. when installing, just install the turntable driver.
I don't know if this driver will work with DIY turntables, but you could see if it works.

Mongrel.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Thomas Sc wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 07:52 Thanks, for the Information.
But most of us have self made turntable.
How we can do automatic alignment without com port?

Thomas
We don't. David took that out in V5. Subsequently they disabled the automatically align to previous function. I guess they were trying to boos sales of David turntables.
µ
3dxcan

Post by 3dxcan »

[/quote]

We don't. David took that out in V5. Subsequently they disabled the automatically align to previous function. I guess they were trying to boos sales of David turntables.
[/quote]
Its frustrating, most of the usable 3D SLS systems align each scan automatically without user intervention with our without a turntable. it was one of the biggest turn downs for me, to know that david doesn't even support alignment using targets.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

3dxcan wrote: 14 Jun 2017, 13:42
[/quote]
Its frustrating, most of the usable 3D SLS systems align each scan automatically without user intervention with our without a turntable. it was one of the biggest turn downs for me, to know that david doesn't even support alignment using targets.
[/quote]

David does support two point alignment which is primitive but is sometimes useful and kinda works. If target registration would improve the alignment then I think it's a good idea. However, if my scans are good I haven't really felt the need for it.
µ
3dxcan

Post by 3dxcan »

there;s always room for improvement and customization, even reaching for the scan button in manual scan should be facilitated. a simple solution would be to install a remote desktop application on your phone and pc to take control of david on your phone while moving the part on the table. has anyone built a remote control for David? that would facilitate things too.
Curiousjeff

Post by Curiousjeff »

From a previous post on the forum:

With the new feature in HP V. 5.1: "Align Sequence" (right-click menu on Shapefusion List of Scans), the multiple select if even more useful.

To work correctly, you can shift click (and hold shift) on the NAME of a scan and then drag your mouse up or down.

Then use "Align Sequence" on those selected scans.

Be careful not to do this on the check box itself.

---------------------
As mentionned a few times, it's not difficult to use AutoIt. You can do everything that was previously done with the COM port. Granted, it's not as elegant, but you can also access the project save feature, which is tremendously fast in David and very useful to avoid losing everything.

Jeff
3dxcan

Post by 3dxcan »

"Please look at Manual Scan Sequence mode. All scans made during a sequence will be automatically "aligned to previous"."

This is what Seven says on the forum, so that means auto alignment is available in V5? I don't have David available for anytime soon, so I can't try. please let me know if this works.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

3dxcan wrote: 24 Jun 2017, 17:00 "Please look at Manual Scan Sequence mode. All scans made during a sequence will be automatically "aligned to previous"."

This is what Seven says on the forum, so that means auto alignment is available in V5? I don't have David available for anytime soon, so I can't try. please let me know if this works.
It automatically aligns (sort of) after you end the scan sequence.
µ