What do you do with your 3D scans?

Write here about construction, ideas, equipment, tips n tricks etc. related to structured light scanning
3dxcan

What do you do with your 3D scans?

Post by 3dxcan »

a lot of people use their scans for 3d printing. some use them for reverse engineering, some export the stl file to their CAM software for direct manufacturing from STL and some do it as a hobby, Does anyone use DAVID here for RE & manufacturing purpose?
Stive_Rad0

Re: What do you do with your 3D scans?

Post by Stive_Rad0 »

3dxcan wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 14:42 a lot of people use their scans for 3d printing. some use them for reverse engineering, some export the stl file to their CAM software for direct manufacturing from STL and some do it as a hobby, Does anyone use DAVID here for RE & manufacturing purpose?
Hi
I use the software for Reverse Engineering. specially for casting parts like impellers and complex parts.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG
avogra
Site Admin

Post by avogra »

I have my scanner as a hobby, out of interest in optics and at some point, i was sure that i need it for 3d printing. Actually, the most sensible scan up to now was a toy model of a roadbike, a friend of mine wanted to duplicate for his sister.
I think about offering scanning as a service for hobbyists. but it is still a very remote plan and i doubt i will ever realize it now that there is offspring on its way.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

I feed mine to my dog......

Mostly I use the scans as place holders in assemblies that need componentry built from the models. Also been doing scans for vintage car and bike company so they can reproduce ancient castings.
µ