white wall problem

Write here about everything related to photogrammetry
Nardellilorenzo

white wall problem

Post by Nardellilorenzo »

HI to all,
I'm making a fotogrammetry of an empty art gallery with white wall that doesn't came right on the mesh.
anybodies can help me to resolve it?
Micr0

Re: white wall problem

Post by Micr0 »

Nardellilorenzo wrote: 24 May 2023, 14:29 HI to all,
I'm making a fotogrammetry of an empty art gallery with white wall that doesn't came right on the mesh.
Try putting some sort of marker on the wall. I used to scan large sculptures that were usually white and had large areas of smooth features. Hot glue and magnetic refrigerator alphabet letters were cheap and worked great. They were excellent topology markers and very easy to remove in post mesh editing.
µ
greenskynet

Re: white wall problem

Post by greenskynet »

Nardellilorenzo wrote: 24 May 2023, 14:29 HI to all,
this is a common problem in photogrammetery field. Software can't detect and mach points between photos.

The solution is easy, as Micr0 mentioned, you should place some random markers on the wall, and the easiest way is to use a data projector to project random noises on the wall, then you can take several photos from different angles and feed them to the software.
You should notice that the random noises projected on the wall must be completely steady and you should care about keeping projector fixed while you are taking photos.

I've attached a sample photo of random noises you can use for photogrammetery.
Random Noise.jpg