photogrammetry for ditches

Write here about everything related to photogrammetry
rubymoon

photogrammetry for ditches

Post by rubymoon »

Hi all,
Completely new to this but was wondering if photogrammetry could be used for measuring a ditch-like pathway in stone. ie could I use it to walk along to film and measure the width and depth of the path? If so would I need horribly expensive equipment or is it student affordable? Or could I hire equipment?
Just need to know if a width and depth pathway measurement is a non starter or worth taking further really. I realise I could measure a small pit this way but a longer structure?
Any advise would be hugely appreciated!
Thank you ! :D
OBNRacerMan

Re: photogrammetry for ditches

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Watch a video on phogrammetry of industrial facilities on YouTube - using aerial photography (or using drones), you can accurately calculate the volume of embankments or dug pits.
Here is one example
https://youtu.be/yZKathXREYU

There are also a large number of programs for photogrammetry, ranging from simple ones, such as 3DF Zephyr, to Agisoft Metashape and the "monster" (including the price :oops: ) Bentley Context Capture
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
rubymoon

Re: photogrammetry for ditches

Post by rubymoon »

Thank you - WIll check that out - thanks for taking the time to reply ! - much appreciated