Seal 3D Scanner

Talking about a 3d scanner that doesn't fit into one of the other scanning methods? Here is the right place!
dental_art

Seal 3D Scanner

Post by dental_art »

What do you think of this scanner?
Attachments
nxqjnbufvwznmyke407r.png
Micr0

Re: Seal 3D Scanner

Post by Micr0 »

Like a lot of those new inexpensive handheld scanners they seem to not capture detail very well. For a claimed accuracy as low as their data sheet reports, the features should be sharper. For the expensive scanners that do detail well what you are paying for is mostly software development.
µ
OBNRacerMan

Re: Seal 3D Scanner

Post by OBNRacerMan »

This scanner is positioned as a cheaper competitor to the Mini scanner from Revopoint. From what I saw in the videos, it has some advantages (for example, it seems that it sees blacks noticeably better), and also due to the system with one main camera (the second texture one) it should, in theory, be better" look" into the recesses. But this same single-camera system leads to an increased level of “garbage” on the scans - and in this way it is similar to the Creality Lizard (I had one) and its analogue 3DMakerPro Mole.
P.S. Now I have Creality Ferret - and if it were not for its relatively low resolution in detail (and very crude and limited in capabilities software) - it would be magnificent - it captures both black and very shiny things well.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret