Some of my scans

What have you scanned recently?
Micr0

Re: Some of my scans

Post by Micr0 »

That cap is excellent. Especially for a nearly automatic scan. I'd like to hear more about the RangeVision software.

What do you think of the calibration process for RangeVision? Though David is faster my thought is that it is more prone to errors due to the more complex requirement of the calibration hardware.

Is there any chance you could convince the RangeVision people to do a software only license for people on this board? :)
µ
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Micr0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 14:02 What do you think of the calibration process for RangeVision? Though David is faster my thought is that it is more prone to errors due to the more complex requirement of the calibration hardware.
The calibration process takes much longer than in HP3DScan - then, if necessary, you can "refine" the current calibration (this is faster). It should be borne in mind that due to the peculiarities of the algorithm, where the projector does not participate in the calibration, the program itself does not compensate for small inaccuracies in the position of the cameras (HP allowed us to make a fairly flat scan even with very large discrepancies)
Micr0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 14:02 Is there any chance you could convince the RangeVision people to do a software only license for people on this board? :)
Just yesterday, another beta test will end, and the final version of Rangevision 2020.2 software has been released with support for the DIY direction (i.e. homemade scanners that meet the requirements of Rangevision DIY in terms of components).
However, I do not yet know how, and when, it will be possible to buy this (outside of Russia).
Software switched to English interface
Software switched to English interface
Earlier I already laid out a scan of a souvenir with a small starfish - and the base-shell was not captured there. It was scanned normally in this program.
This is how the object is visible in the program
This is how the object is visible in the program
And this is the result
And this is the result
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
mading

Post by mading »

Hi there OBNRacerMan and thanks for sharing!
It sounds just like a mild torture for non-russian people.
I contacted once the RangeVision, but received a negative answer.

Hope they will sell a software license to EU.
Being a long-term 3dscanforum member I would apply for such an oportunity.
HP3D will no longer be developed, I feel.
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Another scan (I did something similar about a year ago, but the quality was not very good from the point of view of the final model - there were inconsistencies in scan elements, etc.)
This scan was done in manual mode, and not on an automatic table, since the pyrometer did not fit into the frame entirely.
You can also download the resulting model in STL format (but it is quite "heavy" 200MB)
After scanning
After scanning
Aligned
Aligned
Final model - 1
Final model - 1
Final model - 2
Final model - 2
Final model - 3
Final model - 3
Final model - 4
Final model - 4
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
martan

Post by martan »

Very nice!

:shock:
HP 3D Scan, Optoma ML750, 2x IS DMK 23UX236 with Computar 12mm, HP calibration panel, DIY Rotary tables.
dental_art

Post by dental_art »

dental_art

Post by dental_art »

the turntable, do you have the arduino code?
or did you get it from rangevision?
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

dental_art wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 08:13 the turntable, do you have the arduino code?
or did you get it from rangevision?
I bought a kit from them - the key to the program. calibration tables and automatic turntable. Therefore, I will not be able to answer the question of how this table is controlled. But, as far as I know, my model of the table, it seems, was no longer based on Arduino (although I did not open it). In terms of sound, it is very quiet (if there are no TMC2208 drivers installed, then probably LV8729 (but not A4988 at all - they work very noisy, judging by my former 3D printer with such drivers))
P.S. The current version of RV ScanCenter - 2020.2
dental_art

Post by dental_art »

but if i send you the money can you take the software for me or is it not possible to activate it from Italy?
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

dental_art wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 09:39 but if i send you the money can you take the software for me or is it not possible to activate it from Italy?
I think that there is a problem both in sending abroad and with the purchase itself (after all, I already bought a program from them (and there is a limitation - "one program per person")).
The only thing I could probably advise at the moment is that you can try to communicate with them yourself in their Telegram channel - RangeVision DIY 3D scanner.
I know that there was some problem to send the software to a participant from Lithuania (but, in the end, he still received the package).