First Scans With Flex.

What have you scanned recently?
Tzk

Re: First Scans With Flex.

Post by Tzk »

Looks like a custom housing... So remove lens from the projector, stick it into the housing and mount the new lens onto the housing. Or even stack the lenses by just mounting the shown lens in front of the stock (unmodded) projector.

Your results look great. I guess with a little tweaking and practicing the Flex3D results are at least of identical quality or even better than David. Let alone the scan time... I'm somewhat excited. Please post further updates ;)
mading

Post by mading »

Micr0 wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 01:27 I'd be very interested to know more about how he adapted the lens to that Acer projector. :D
#metoo.
I opened my LGPF50Ks, changing the lent doesn't see so impossible.
More critical is to identify the good optical parameters, as with any camera. It's easier to get worst than to get better.
Still I'm not aware of anybody who made it as DIY.

edit: the camera lenses used in the mechscan are 80 mm:
https://schneiderkreuznach.com/applicat ... 4-0_80.pdf
Which kind of camera sensor size?
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

mading wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 11:38
Micr0 wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 01:27 I'd be very interested to know more about how he adapted the lens to that Acer projector. :D
#metoo.
More critical is to identify the good optical parameters, as with any camera. It's easier to get worst than to get better.

This was kind of my point. If it was a simple as sticking glass in front of a light bulb, who would need engineers?

I have taken apart a number of projectors to try to mod the lenses and it has usually ended with the projector in the recycling. Someone posting a bit about their process would minimize having to expensively reinvent the wheel. I'm not inclined to blindly try this on either of the expensive projectors I have.
µ
NARMELLA

Post by NARMELLA »

Micr0 wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 14:10
mading wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 11:38
#metoo.

This was kind of my point. If it was a simple as sticking glass in front of a light bulb, who would need engineers?

I have taken apart a number of projectors to try to mod the lenses and it has usually ended with the projector in the recycling. Someone posting a bit about their process would minimize having to expensively reinvent the wheel. I'm not inclined to blindly try this on either of the expensive projectors I have.
Hi micr0.

Was great ; as always.