contactpolyga

Re: Handheld scan of a pot

Post by contactpolyga »

You need to show us a video of you scanning! :D
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Alonso wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 11:11 Mading,

The hardware is compatible with Basler cameras only. Handheld scanning requires some seriously fast fps cameras too which really narrows down the choices...

And due to shortages and the state things are in right now, I was extremely lucky to have been able to find a pair of cameras(although I had to buy each camera from 2 different suppliers!).
Most suppliers had a lead time of 10 weeks for a single camera!
What frame rate are you ultimately getting? How did you fix the cameras and projector?
µ
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Micr0 wrote: 10 Jul 2021, 21:53

The hardware is compatible with Basler cameras only. Handheld scanning requires some seriously fast fps cameras too which really narrows down the choices...

And due to shortages and the state things are in right now, I was extremely lucky to have been able to find a pair of cameras(although I had to buy each camera from 2 different suppliers!).
What frame rate are you ultimately getting? How did you fix the cameras and projector?
Idk as I'm running it on Auto on this loaner PC. I think FS3D allows up to 10-12fps?
Previously I could only run 5-6fps as the old PC struggled to keep up.

The cameras and projector are bolted to an aluminum plate just like the EVM scanner on the polyga website. Nothing fancy, no carbon fiber :|
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

contactpolyga wrote: 09 Jul 2021, 16:11 You need to show us a video of you scanning! :D
Probably next week. My work area is a complete disaster right now 😁
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Alonso wrote: 10 Jul 2021, 22:43
Micr0 wrote: 10 Jul 2021, 21:53

Idk as I'm running it on Auto on this loaner PC. I think FS3D allows up to 10-12fps?
Previously I could only run 5-6fps as the old PC struggled to keep up.

The cameras and projector are bolted to an aluminum plate just like the EVM scanner on the polyga website. Nothing fancy, no carbon fiber :|
I though it would have been higher than that. Don't both the projector and cameras go into the hundreds of FPS (2cameras simultaneously?
)? Is it really limited by the PC and if so, how old a PC is it?
µ
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Micro,

What I was referring to was mesh frames. The software does not display what frame rate the cameras are running at during the scanning process.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Alonso wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 23:49 The software does not display what frame rate the cameras are running at during the scanning process.
You can try to run Fraps (it usually shows fps in the selected window)
Clipboard02.jpg
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret