Scan an Imppeller using FlexScan3D

What have you scanned recently?
greenskynet

Scan an Imppeller using FlexScan3D

Post by greenskynet »

Hi friends
as many of you may know, I started a project about DIY Professional 3D scanner based on FlexScan3D.
Flex is a great software, but it doesn't let user to use medium and low cost equipment with it (specially cameras). is my first step of project, I create some modifications for flex to solve this problem (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2305) and let any one to use low cost webcams and other cameras as supported professional industrial cams.

And these photos and videos are the result of this process. I use two USB2 logitech webcams (with 12mm lenses) to capture.
Also my laptop only has a single free USB2 port, so I connect both cams to the same ports. This is the reason why scanning process is slow. I know my USB hub don't let cams to go higher than 6 or 7 FPS (as even I set the frame rate at 10).

So if I use two USB port or USB3 cameras (like USB3 microscope cameras), I can go faster up to 2 seconds for each scan.

The most important thing here is the **Markers**. They are surprisingly fast.
FlexScan3D 1.jpg
FlexScan3D 3.jpg

video: https://vimeo.com/user157616309
hoffybeefe

Re: Scan an Imppeller using FlexScan3D

Post by hoffybeefe »

Wow i'll have to see if i can do something with my Basler's so i can tweak the resolution to get an exact 60fps instead of the 57.5 using the full sensor (limits me to 30fps).

Would you mind sharing how you managed to get the markers to work with FS3D? I bought some but they aren't detected no matter what i do! I can't find any settings within FS3D to tell it what size makers i'm using nor any specifications on what is required with regards to the markers and have them compatible.
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

hoffybeefe wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 12:49 Wow i'll have to see if i can do something with my Basler's so i can tweak the resolution to get an exact 60fps instead of the 57.5 using the full sensor (limits me to 30fps).

Would you mind sharing how you managed to get the markers to work with FS3D? I bought some but they aren't detected no matter what i do! I can't find any settings within FS3D to tell it what size makers i'm using nor any specifications on what is required with regards to the markers and have them compatible.
For issue with Basler cameras resolution and frame rate, please refer to this link: https://www.3dscanforum.org/viewtopic.php?p=4872#p4872. It was a bug in the Flex and now it got solved in my modified files.
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

index.jpg
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Hi
this is a new Scan of a large object 😍
g00.jpg
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Scanned with my ✅ Modified Version of FlexScan3D ✅ and reverse engineered in CATIA 😍😍😍
more info: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2305

02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

What are the reverse editing tools like in CATIA?
µ
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Micr0 wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 16:30 What are the reverse editing tools like in CATIA?
CATIA is a professional CAD/CAM/CAE software and used in mechanical engineering and related subjects.
In CAD modules there are lots of tools to edit mesh and also extract data, curves and surfaces from the mesh.

In CATIA firstly we start to redesign the object based on the scan data, and then we apply engineering constraints and conditions to the object. Finally the manufacturing process will be designed based on the engineered CAD model