Choosing the right device for 3D scanning

You don't know yet, which scanning system to buy or build or if 3d scanning is for you at all? Ask here!
elmesy

Choosing the right device for 3D scanning

Post by elmesy »

Hello everyone,

Please advise me on the selection of a 3D scanner for our company, which manufactures door systems for light rail vehicles. We currently use a touch arm to measure and inspect parts, but have found this method to be too slow for our needs. So we are looking for a more modern alternative that will allow us to collect data faster and more accurately.
We are moving into the European market, so I approached a couple of distributors who offer this equipment.

Does anyone have experience with these devices and could possibly share their experience?

Shining3D FreeScan Trio
Simscan 42
Kreon Skyline open
HandySCAN BLACK™|ELITE

Thank you for your time
Micr0

Re: Choosing the right device for 3D scanning

Post by Micr0 »

elmesy wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 12:13 Hello everyone,

Please advise me on the selection of a 3D scanner for our company, which manufactures door systems for light rail vehicles. We currently use a touch arm to measure and inspect parts, but have found this method to be too slow for our needs. So we are looking for a more modern alternative that will allow us to collect data faster and more accurately.
We are moving into the European market, so I approached a couple of distributors who offer this equipment.

Does anyone have experience with these devices and could possibly share their experience?

Shining3D FreeScan Trio
Simscan 42
Kreon Skyline open
HandySCAN BLACK™|ELITE

Thank you for your time
Would need more info on what your needs and expectations are. Likewise your budget.

Also have a look at the Shinning 3D freescan
µ