should i buy David now !!!

You don't know yet, which scanning system to buy or build or if 3d scanning is for you at all? Ask here!
geodav

should i buy David now !!!

Post by geodav »

don't know if you guys remember me from the old forum but ho well.

i've been following David since version 1, never had the money for the licence or the hardware, the last few years i've managed to get a Dell M115 projector (modded) and a logitech 920 (modded with a cheap lens 20euro's) but still unsure if it's worth investing in a license.

basically i want to scan objects as small as 5mm to ones a lot bigger, the tests i've done over the years show promise but version 5 is slow and i always have issues trying to calibrate.

investing in a license just for my hobby will be hard thing to convince the wife
Micr0

Re: should i buy David now !!!

Post by Micr0 »

geodav wrote:don't know if you guys remember me from the old forum but ho well.

i've been following David since version 1, never had the money for the licence or the hardware, the last few years i've managed to get a Dell M115 projector (modded) and a logitech 920 (modded with a cheap lens 20euro's) but still unsure if it's worth investing in a license.

basically i want to scan objects as small as 5mm to ones a lot bigger, the tests i've done over the years show promise but version 5 is slow and i always have issues trying to calibrate.

investing in a license just for my hobby will be hard thing to convince the wife
My understanding is that there is no difference between the demo and the licensed except the ability to save your projects. Other than that I think you have answered you own question.
µ
Oteck

Re: should i buy David now !!!

Post by Oteck »

If i were to buy one now i would stick to 4 as the 5 stereo is very flawed and unfinished. with the buy out i don't think it will ever get fix