Online 3D Viewer

Discussions about software for post-processing, usage of 3d scans and everything else you might do after you have scanned an object.
Micr0

Online 3D Viewer

Post by Micr0 »

Can anyone recommend a site for privately sharing 3D mesh's? Something where a client with only a browser can view 3D models I post for him? There was a free service owned by autodesk(?) but I think it's gone now.
µ
Oteck

Re: Online 3D Viewer

Post by Oteck »

I think shapeways lets you do that
avogra
Site Admin

Post by avogra »

maybe there is a way to embed such a thing here in the forum? it would not be private then, but in general it sounds interesting to have it in a 3dscan forum :-)
i guess you need it to give access customers access to their scans?
Curiousjeff

Post by Curiousjeff »

Shapeways is 3D printing company. I don't think they offer something like that.

On the other hand, sketchfab does. It has a pro account that allows password protected viewing.

Jeff
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

I do have a sketchfab acct but I don't want to change to pro just for one model. I'll be doing more scans for this guy but they will be much larger meshs than I want to upload going forward.

However the solution for this model that I think will work is to email a 25mb stl which can be viewed here:

http://www.viewstl.com/
µ
Oteck

Post by Oteck »

Curiousjeff wrote: 06 May 2017, 10:13 Shapeways is 3D printing company. I don't think they offer something like that.

On the other hand, sketchfab does. It has a pro account that allows password protected viewing.

Jeff
You can view 3d models in the market place by hitting the 360 button on the corner

https://www.shapeways.com/product/HRF9Z ... arketplace