FlexScan3D - SLS Scanner Software

hansbrix

Re: FlexScan3D - SLS Scanner Software

Post by hansbrix »

I will be testing the FlexScan3d system using the HP/David hardware that I recently acquired. It uses a standard Acer projector and seems like it delivers very good results with HP/David and presumably works equally well or better with FlexScan's system. I plan to test both systems with the same hardware. The only difference would be that the with the HP setup I have the David turntable and glass calibration patterns.

For The FlexScan system, I will try the printed checkerboard, which I'm just going to assume it would not be as accurate as a real calibration panel. It seems like it will take a few weeks for something like that to arrive. I have to some research on what size calibration board is right for me, I don't think it's wise for me to spring for one in each size and it seems people get good results with just paper, but I want to do a fair comparison.

I actually have an extra Acer projector that I acquired a like 3-4 years ago back when I was going to be getting in to scanning but got too busy. I don't need it since I have this complete HP setup. I think I have it stored with my Basler cameras and POE drivers and lenses. I don't know the exact specs but I think I got some higher end cameras and appropriate lens.

Can FlexScan use special projectors that only do blue light ? Does the software command a blue light or is it that the projector only shoots blue light?
Dual Camera HP 3D S2 with v5.6, David TT-1
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

hansbrix wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 01:45 Can FlexScan use special projectors that only do blue light ? Does the software command a blue light or is it that the projector only shoots blue light?
Yes. For those custom projectors, you generally need to buy them from us as they are custom designed and not readily available. :cry: Depending on the projector, they can have just all blue LEDS, or 3 color channels, and just use one of the 3 as needed.
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

Anyone installed FS3D onto Windows 11? I've put a new computer together that has Windows 11 to use as i wait for components for my final build and tried to wait it out and not install FS3D till i got the final system components but they are taking to long and i now have to do a scan and when i try to install FS3D it instantly uninstalls the Basler pylon drivers during the installation process.

Anyone run into this issue and/or have a fix?
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

hoffybeefe wrote: 06 Feb 2022, 07:53 Anyone installed FS3D onto Windows 11? I've put a new computer together that has Windows 11 to use as i wait for components for my final build and tried to wait it out and not install FS3D till i got the final system components but they are taking to long and i now have to do a scan and when i try to install FS3D it instantly uninstalls the Basler pylon drivers during the installation process.

Anyone run into this issue and/or have a fix?
do you mean windows 11 remove Basler drivers?
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

During the installation of FS3D, during the Baslerpylon driver installation part... it installs but then immediately uninstalls them. I'm guessing due to some kind of incompatibility.

Apparently the official Windows 11 compatibility is only available in v6.3.0 of the pylon drivers and those probably wont work with FS3D as i tried the newer drivers when i first installed FS3D and they would not work unless i used the version of drivers installed by the FS3D installation only. Which really sucks as i can't use them with Windows 11 right now and didn't think this would be the case with Windows 11 being near the same as 10.
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

hoffybeefe wrote: 06 Feb 2022, 09:56 During the installation of FS3D, during the Baslerpylon driver installation part... it installs but then immediately uninstalls them. I'm guessing due to some kind of incompatibility.

Apparently the official Windows 11 compatibility is only available in v6.3.0 of the pylon drivers and those probably wont work with FS3D as i tried the newer drivers when i first installed FS3D and they would not work unless i used the version of drivers installed by the FS3D installation only. Which really sucks as i can't use them with Windows 11 right now and didn't think this would be the case with Windows 11 being near the same as 10.
Original Flex version is only compatible with Pylon version 5.0.12.11830. as you mentioned if you use any other version, you will get error.
meanwhile original version of Flex has really big bugs about Basler cameras.

As you can search the forum, I prepared a modified version of Flex which I have solved all issues of Basler cameras in it. Also you can use this modified version with any other version of Pylon.

review following threads of the forum:
viewtopic.php?p=4936#p4936
viewtopic.php?p=4872#p4872
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

thanks for your efforts.

I haven't tried those yet because it was to difficult to find an actual download link. You say you've updated it but then there is no link to it. What am i missing?
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

hoffybeefe wrote: 06 Feb 2022, 10:35 thanks for your efforts.

I haven't tried those yet because it was to difficult to find an actual download link. You say you've updated it but then there is no link to it. What am i missing?
You can join our Telegram group about modified version of Flexscan3D. you can find more info there
https://t.me/DIY_3D_Scanner
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

Thanks but no thanks. I do not wish to install social media applications just to download a file. Does the last updated file dated 21-07-2021 include this driver comparability change?

Thanks.
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

hoffybeefe wrote: 06 Feb 2022, 10:44 Thanks but no thanks. I do not wish to install social media applications just to download a file. Does the last updated file dated 21-07-2021 include this driver comparability change?

Thanks.
it was the first version of modification. After it, there are several more modifications which are not uploaded here