FlexScan3D - SLS Scanner Software

hoffybeefe

Re: FlexScan3D - SLS Scanner Software

Post by hoffybeefe »

hi greenskynet, thanks for the information and your efforts on those changes.

i have not yet tried your particular mods. i have done some more testing and troubleshooting and i've now managed to get the installer to show an error by using the original drivers from Basler. they all do the same thing as the FS3D installer and just uninstall the drivers right after they install accept the stand alone drivers show an error message. Not that its of any use to me.

So it may be system specific but i'll have to do yet more troubleshooting to find out if its just my install of Windows thats borked or not. Either way... no scanning getting done any time soon as it does teh same thing with 5.0.12 drivers and the latest Windows 11 compatible 6.3.0. Great.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

It is unfortunate that your having issues with W11 but that is good info for the everyone else to know.

I have a gaming laptop on order that will be dedicated to 3d scanning. It ships with Windows 11 installed, so I'll try it with FlexScan3D first to see if I have the same issues. If needed, I'll install Windows 10. Either way, I'll try to remember to post my results here :mrgreen:
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

Hi Alonso,

Thank you very much for posting. I would really love it if you gave the default FS3D install a go on a Windows 11 machine and reported your findings.

i do suspect it is machine specific and not actually Windows 11 that is causing the problem for me. FS3D seems to run perfectly normal. Its only a driver installation issue i seem to be having and given Basler themselves have a Windows 11 supported driver (v6.3.0) and i still get eth same errors with it 9and its other variation of a driver), i suspect something is array with teh installer on my current setup.

IO have managed to get a driver installed *some how* in all my stuffing about installing.. uninstalling.. reinstalling.. over installing v6 with v5 drivers.. using windows update to "find drivers". Just a whole hack of hacks to get SOMETHING to work soi could try and scan the item i needed to.

i ended up having to use HP 2D Scan as i finally managed (as i said) to get some kind of driver installed and then once i figured out the cameras were actually working but were showing a totally dark screen but i didn't realise it... then i tried HP3DS and managed to get a scan.

But i really want to get FS3D so i can use it as its *kind of* actively developed and i want to have higher accuracy calibrations and to try and use Markers.

Now if only FS3D would simply work with whatever the newest Basler drivers were i'd be set and the ones i managed to get working were the new v6.3.0 ones and not the v5.0.12 that FS3D "supports". And i use quotes because it still doesn't support them very well. I get SFA options to change and can't select frames rates to what my cameras can do nor can i change resolutions to then get even higher frame rates working.

I will try to install the drivers on my new Surface Pro 8 that i got to try and do some mobile scanning if i ever need to when i get a chance and i'll report back for anyone in the same boat.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Update from me

FS3D works well for me on my laptop running Windows 11.

No issues, install was as easy as could be.

The laptop is a Lenovo Legion gen 6 L7i 11800H/RTX3070 with Kingston Fury 64GB RAM.
It's safe to say the laptop handles 3d scanning quite well 🙂