FS3D - Now available

Micr0

Re: FS3D - Now available

Post by Micr0 »

Micr0 wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 19:32
contactpolyga wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 18:25 Any trial requests from forum members will be given 30 day evals for probably the next month or so... after that we'll ask people to do a 1 month sub for testing since it's alot of tech support time. We're trying to keep the price reasonable for DIY'ers while not making our commercial customers mad.

On the ballbar tuning, if you can afford a nice ball bar.. that's not really a personal project :lol: if you need that functionality micro, we're happy to make an exception just for you.
Thank you. I'm a former manufacturing engineer. I still have all my mics, calipers, guage blocks etc. Basically all my metrology and QC tools. I don't have a ball bar, but I have drawers of other standards. I haven't tried it yet, but I assumed the tune calibration function should be able to work with even a ground 1-2-3 block. Yes?
Scratch that. I have a very old Faro arm (RS232 connectivity only) and I think there are 2 ball bar standards in the case. I'll have to check next time I get to play in the shop.
µ
martan

Post by martan »

contactpolyga wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 15:29

There's a handful of settings to adjust, email support. :D In the future, it shouldn't be required but for now it does.
Wouldn't this (the forum) be the perfect place to say what needs to be done?
I ordered a Tic T500 module and would like to try it out asap.

Cheers!

/M
HP 3D Scan, Optoma ML750, 2x IS DMK 23UX236 with Computar 12mm, HP calibration panel, DIY Rotary tables.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

I put together a temporary add-on to my scanner today to try Flexscan3D with regular YW500U3 cameras.
Temporarly setup
Temporarly setup
I have already made sure that these cameras are recognized by the program. Now I wanted to do a calibration and test scan.
I already had a calibration "pattern" table (from a laser pseudo-scanner Ciclop). I indicated in the program the sizes of the squares, and the number of rows and columns - and I get an error that I do not understand.
Errors
Errors
P.S. Also, for some reason, cameras actually run at only 1920 * 1080 resolution (instead of their native 2592 * 1944)
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

martan wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 16:11
contactpolyga wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 15:29

There's a handful of settings to adjust, email support. :D In the future, it shouldn't be required but for now it does.
Wouldn't this (the forum) be the perfect place to say what needs to be done?
I ordered a Tic T500 module and would like to try it out asap.

Cheers!

/M
Not trying to hide anything, the thing is this info is only good for a few weeks before we change things once again. So I’d rather not throw out info on to the internet that’s going to be out dated literally after we post it... which creates a support nightmare down the road.
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

contactpolyga wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 21:15 https://www.polyga.com/product-category/flexscan3d/

Thanks to everyone for assistance on testing and feedback, we've soft-launched the software via the link above.
The official page is now up.

https://www.polyga.com/flexscan3d-software/
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 17:02
I indicated in the program the sizes of the squares, and the number of rows and columns - and I get an error that I do not understand.

P.S. Also, for some reason, cameras actually run at only 1920 * 1080 resolution (instead of their native 2592 * 1944)
That error usually means an image wasn't returned by the cameras or it couldn't save the image to disc not sure why the error it's so cryptic.. :oops:

With the DShow driver, the program requests a image using whatever settings are saved or configured to the driver so FS3D really has no control over camera settings like resolution...
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

contactpolyga wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 17:31 That error usually means an image wasn't returned by the cameras or it couldn't save the image to disc not sure why the error it's so cryptic.. :oops:

With the DShow driver, the program requests a image using whatever settings are saved or configured to the driver so FS3D really has no control over camera settings like resolution...
Thanks for the answer. Later I will try to repeat the experiment (with some changes).
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
pottersfriend

Post by pottersfriend »

@OBNRacerMan - I may be really off base here, I haven't even had time to play with FS3D yet, but does FS3D require 9x12 square calibration panels? I see yours look to be 7x12. Don't know if the software allows you to specify your own layout size. Anyway, just a guess.
IS DFK-37BUX178 (2x) w/16mm, Dell M110, LG PF1500, HP3DS, & FS3D
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Compare the patterns on your calibration panels to these
https://www.polyga.com/download/Calibra ... attern.zip
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

pottersfriend wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 18:13 @OBNRacerMan - I may be really off base here, I haven't even had time to play with FS3D yet, but does FS3D require 9x12 square calibration panels? I see yours look to be 7x12. Don't know if the software allows you to specify your own layout size. Anyway, just a guess.
In the settings of this program, you can specify all the necessary parameters of the calibration panel.

I think the problem is not with the panel, but with my system settings. I have completely disabled UAC through the tweaker (and I came across the fact that some programs want this shit to be enabled)

P.S. It is also possible that the panel should not take up almost all the space in the frame ... and it should be placed even further (which is already difficult with my 16mm lenses). I will try to print smaller panels.