FS3D - Now available

contactpolyga

Re: FS3D - Now available

Post by contactpolyga »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 19:48 Somewhere, among the discussion posts, information slipped through that now this program sees UVC cameras (the person wrote, trying to check with other cameras that only the built-in laptop camera is visible) - is this true?
If UVC cameras are supported, then it will make sense for me to ask for a trial version (since I have several cameras of this type)
Any camera which DShow drivers will showup, including webcams. We never tested webcams for scanning.. well we have but never seriously. For any real world usage with FS3D. We'd recommend PTGrey/FLIR or Basler cameras.
mading

Post by mading »

I have Daheng cameras with Sony IMX178.
https://www.get-cameras.com/USB-Camera- ... -630-60U3M
I can see the laptop webcam (Dell Precision M7530) but not the Daheng.
contactpolyga wrote: 02 Dec 2020, 18:44 It's quite a bit of work for us to support specific smaller camera manufacturers, so maybe a generic vision driver like OpenCV could make sense. We actually have some Daheng cameras around, but i don't see an official driver the works.
I understand they are a small manufaturer, but regularly imported in EU and succesfully used with other scanners (and that can be a commercial issue).
I am not an IT geek, so I can't exclude that tweaking the drivers will solve the issue.
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
mading

Post by mading »

contactpolyga wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 20:26 Both the AA or Moons motors support Serial communication which FS3D has built in drivers, as well as for the several other low cost chips. https://www.pololu.com/product/3132 - has native FS3D support and is a $30 controller, so for DYI any of those are simple solutions.
Thanks for that. very important!
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

mading wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 20:46 I understand they are a small manufaturer, but regularly imported in EU and succesfully used with other scanners (and that can be a commercial issue).
I am not an IT geek, so I can't exclude that tweaking the drivers will solve the issue.
We have some Daheng cameras, in fact they sold several FS3D based scanners for us in China in years past. However on their cameras, one of our internal requirements is that if we support a camera / driver, it needs to work on the most of the available range of cameras. For Daheng cameras, unfortunately, their cameras are just not that stable for commercial applications and their drivers would would behave differently depending on camera model. For FS3D, one of our core needs is stability over time and driver / camera behavior consistency which many low cost cameras don't meet. :cry:

With the DShow driver, hopefully people can tweak the driver to suit their cameras as needed.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Yesterday evening (or, rather, at night :D ) ​​I received my test key to the program.
With the current drivers (version 1.5.1911.9202) Daheng cameras in the program "did not see each other" (but there was information that the manufacturer spoke about compatibility with FS3D of the latest version 1.12.2012.9291 - in the evening, after work I will check this moment)
The rest of the cameras (a pair of 3D sensors from Intel - SR305 and D415, old YW500U3M (USB3.0 / 5.1Mp) cameras and even a primitive 0.9Mp monochrome camera with a global shutter and 120fps via USB2.0 :D ) were seen.
Also the ComXim table (which I use with the RV program) was available from the program
P.S. So far, these are only first impressions ...
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Tzk

Post by Tzk »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 08:27 old YW500U3M (USB3.0 / 5.1Mp) cameras were seen.
Thank you for testing this. That is very good news. So i guess i should order a 2nd YW500U3M and then apply for a test license, if the camera is shipped fast enough... :D
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Tzk wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 11:26 Thank you for testing this. That is very good news. So i guess i should order a 2nd YW500U3M and then apply for a test license, if the camera is shipped fast enough... :D
I have not yet figured out in what resolution these cameras were launched (even the lenses were not screwed to them), but from the shape of the image window, I suspect that there was 1920 * 1080. I will describe more complete tests with such cameras later.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
martan

Post by martan »

contactpolyga wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 20:26

Both the AA or Moons motors support Serial communication which FS3D has built in drivers, as well as for the several other low cost chips. https://www.pololu.com/product/3132 - has native FS3D support and is a $30 controller, so for DYI any of those are simple solutions.
Does all the "TIC-modules" in the link work "out of the box"?
I found the Tic T834 at a dealer here and thinking of giving it a try :-)
HP 3D Scan, Optoma ML750, 2x IS DMK 23UX236 with Computar 12mm, HP calibration panel, DIY Rotary tables.
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

martan wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 13:55 Does all the "TIC-modules" in the link work "out of the box"?
I found the Tic T834 at a dealer here and thinking of giving it a try :-)
There's a handful of settings to adjust, email support. :D In the future, it shouldn't be required but for now it does.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

contactpolyga wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 18:25 Any trial requests from forum members will be given 30 day evals for probably the next month or so... after that we'll ask people to do a 1 month sub for testing since it's alot of tech support time. We're trying to keep the price reasonable for DIY'ers while not making our commercial customers mad.

On the ballbar tuning, if you can afford a nice ball bar.. that's not really a personal project :lol: if you need that functionality micro, we're happy to make an exception just for you.
Thank you. I'm a former manufacturing engineer. I still have all my mics, calipers, guage blocks etc. Basically all my metrology and QC tools. I don't have a ball bar, but I have drawers of other standards. I haven't tried it yet, but I assumed the tune calibration function should be able to work with even a ground 1-2-3 block. Yes?
µ