Everyone likes to post their latest scans and tech, unfortunately much of what we do can not be shared. Once in a while we get to do some "personal" type projects also.
So I thought I'd share this new toy we made for ourselves recently. -- What is it you ask? --
It's a custom made projector just for 3D scanning. There's a couple nice little features to this little projector.
- Aluminum body so it survives and mounts
- Rigid Mount points for tripods, and camera bars
- High speed projection -theoretically up to 5000 FPS -
- GPIO Triggers for your cameras for high speed scanning
- Fast enough for DIY Handheld Scanning - will post a video later
- Direct Axis projection, - you don't need to tilt your projector relative to your cameras.
- Uses latest TI DLP chipsets, (square pixels) - many *new* projectors uses old DLP projection technology
- Completely linear phase patterns (for accurate scans )
- Single Cable Control -
We looked at being able to swap lenses, but doing that would increase complexity and cost way too much.
So just an internal prototype for now possibly for use in a future scanner. If there's interest we will do a limited manufacturing run for DIY'ers who want one, I will post additional test results as we do them. The projector is built of our H3 handheld scanning projector technology so the projector is tuned for speed.
This is a slow scan using 3mp cameras.
- FS3D control only (sorry requires custom drivers)
Basler Cameras support only