3D Scanning Projector

Micr0

Re: 3D Scanning Projector

Post by Micr0 »

Ok. Ok. I give in. I'll beta test it for you, but you have to ask nicely.
µ
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

Micro, please please beta test for us, we beg you!... :mrgreen:

Actually this is my only test unit, when we do our manufacturing run, we'll pull a few off to offer it here. - probably within next two months.
hansbrix

Post by hansbrix »

I'd be interested in this projector as well. Would this be appropriate for larger items like a car hood or full size human statue?

My 2nd David camera finally just arrived after 2 weeks. USPS is pathetically slow still within the US, but I can finally test it out with my David setup with FlexScan3D. One I get everything working, I plan on moving to Basler cameras.
Dual Camera HP 3D S2 with v5.6, David TT-1
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

hansbrix wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 15:18 Would this be appropriate for larger items like a car hood or full size human statue?
That is something i wondered as well as i'd like to be able to use it for small and large objects if i could. Or at the very least.. 800-1000mm horizontal image width. :)
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

hoffybeefe wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 22:43
hansbrix wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 15:18 Would this be appropriate for larger items like a car hood or full size human statue?
That is something i wondered as well as i'd like to be able to use it for small and large objects if i could. Or at the very least.. 800-1000mm horizontal image width. :)
This brings up a good point. A very fast capture would be good for scanning objects that may not be perfectly ridged. like people. Even holding my hand against a table and holding my breath, the slight movement from my heart was enough to cause roughness in the scan.
µ
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Hello!

Any updates on this? I'm assuming this is the same technology used in the new version of the Carbon scanner that I've been seeing on social media?
mading

Post by mading »

Hi there.
A friend of mine noticed the missing camera lenses in this video.
Was it a demo non in real time? Where you using a couple of cameras not framed by the video?

Can't wait to see the new carbon videos!

Mading

contactpolyga wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 00:06 As promised, i made a quick video... https://imgur.com/9Lc7nZS

And yes, without a tripod you can use it handheld, but in this case there was just not much time... this is a complete 13 frame scan @ maybe 6 or 8 FPS....

Also >> is it possible/practical to trigger global shutter basler cameras with a normal HDMI projector such as the well used LGPF1500? ---

No, there's no way to do this at a high speed, given unknown delays in Video Cards, HDMI processing, and Windows.....
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
contactpolyga

Post by contactpolyga »

The lenses are there! - I had just grabbed a pair of cameras with small M12 lenses mounted instead of the standard C/CS style lenses that's more commonly used. This was a real time demo as shown.

Yes, this is now the standard projector for the Carbon scanner - so we're just started shipping the first few systems using this projector.
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

contactpolyga wrote: 13 Mar 2021, 18:50 I promise this week!! - Sorry for the delay but missing cameras -= :|

On the price, for DIYer's we will offer it as low as we can. Unfortunately I think we can only offer a limited run at a low price when we do a volume order. Cost estimate is probably between $750 to $1500 depending on the final configuration and features, ( with enclosure or without etc..)
I'm ready for one without enclosure! :) I'll have to buy FS3D however as i've not yet jumped in. And probably a 2nd machine vision camera and lens. gotta go broke somehow may as well be on something cool! :P

Question... would it be possible to scan using blue light with that projector? i noticed it was green in the short video you posted and was wondering as it'd be awesome to be able to get some extra capabilities seems the pro level machines have been doing this for a while. :)
mading

Post by mading »

thanks!
Sorry for asking, I never saw that kind of lenses :mrgreen:
I am looking forward to more specs about the projector: throw ratio (variable?) kind of light.
Were you using the 160fps cameras?

I guess you are really busy now with the launch of new products.
I think this projector will make the flexscan DIY more interesting when compared to other solutions such as RV.
contactpolyga wrote: 25 May 2021, 23:29 The lenses are there! - I had just grabbed a pair of cameras with small M12 lenses mounted instead of the standard C/CS style lenses that's more commonly used. This was a real time demo as shown.

Yes, this is now the standard projector for the Carbon scanner - so we're just started shipping the first few systems using this projector.
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable