Advanced user of Flexscan3D - 1st Post

Which equipment do you use for 3D-scanning?
Popex

Advanced user of Flexscan3D - 1st Post

Post by Popex »

Hello, this is my 1st post! I'm from Argentina and I have an SLS mounted with Flexscan3D, with 2 Point Gray 2mp cameras (GRAS-20S4M-C), 5mp Fujinon lenses (HF12.5SA-1) and an Optoma HD66 projector.

The SLS I have it mounted on a support CNC machined aluminum and a carbon fiber pipe, all this gives an excellent rigidity.

I will be posting in the forum to be transmitting my knowledge, exchange knowledge and be able to help and supernarnos day by day.

I see that many use David, which I did not have the opportunity to use. It simply does not convince me that the accuracy of the SLS depends on the angle of the calibration panels. It seems to me that this makes the SLS very bulnerable. Anyway, this is a prejudice, I repeat, I have never used David.

The version I use of Flexscan3D is 3.1.9. Why? Because this is the latest version released by 3D3 Solutions before being acquired by LMI (Gom). They will ask what's wrong? LMI (Gom) when acquiring 3D3 Solutions, what it did was to stop all kinds of progress and development of the SLS to compete with the industrial SLS (Gom in particular). For example: Before LMI acquired 3D3 Solutions, Flexscan3D could be calibrated with a circle template. Actualemte can only be calibrated with chessboard. And with a pattern of circles you get better precision than with a chessboard ;).

In short, I will be posting on aligned and projectors, giving more examples of how LMI fresno the development of 3D3 Solutions.
Flexscan3D
Micr0

Re: Advanced user of Flexscan3D - 1st Post

Post by Micr0 »

Welcome to the forum. It's good to have a Flex user here. Most of the posters here, as you know, are David users with one or two other scanner types represented. I for one was curious as to the quality and consistency of calibration of Flexscan vs David. The accuracy of Davids calibration isn't strictly based on the angle of the corner however the more accurate the panels the better David calibration is and the better the results of scanning :o . This is despite the supposed compensation that the software is alleged to do if the calibration panels are slightly less than perfect.
µ
mading

Post by mading »

Hi Popex!
2 years passed.
If you are still active do not hesitate to jump back!
You will see good news.

Popex wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 18:45 In short, I will be posting on aligned and projectors, giving more examples of how LMI fresno the development of 3D3 Solutions.
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
Popex

Post by Popex »

Hi, friend! here I am, I'm still alive. what's new?
Flexscan3D
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

Hello
maybe this thread is interesting for you: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2305
Also you can join our Telegram community about FlexScan3D and also other 3d scanning related subjects https://t.me/DIY_3D_Scanner