Gromagic Wrap

Which equipment do you use for 3D-scanning?
erapip

Gromagic Wrap

Post by erapip »

First happy new year 2020 for all of you.
I try to do the following workflow: export scan as obj--->import in G.Wrap and perform a global Aligment-->export as obj-->make the Fusion 1500, -2 back i DAVID and it was better than doing only from DAVID.

WHAT IS YOUR ECPERIENCE ON THESE WORKFLOW?
REGARDS
Attachments
Sot_5.jpg
Sot_1.jpg
Micr0

Re: Gromagic Wrap

Post by Micr0 »

erapip wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 14:15 First happy new year 2020 for all of you.
I try to do the following workflow: export scan as obj--->import in G.Wrap and perform a global Aligment-->export as obj-->make the Fusion 1500, -2 back i DAVID and it was better than doing only from DAVID.

WHAT IS YOUR ECPERIENCE ON THESE WORKFLOW?
REGARDS
Why do you say it is better than doing it completely in David? Is the alignment in Wrap faster or more accurate than David?
µ
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Micr0 wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 00:23 Why do you say it is better than doing it completely in David? Is the alignment in Wrap faster or more accurate than David?
I think he meant that alignment there is sometimes a little easier, because three points are done.
But my opinion is that if the scan is initially “crooked” - then in what program do not try to add it - nothing good will come of it.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
erapip

Post by erapip »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 14:16
Micr0 wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 00:23 Why do you say it is better than doing it completely in David? Is the alignment in Wrap faster or more accurate than David?
I think he meant that alignment there is sometimes a little easier, because three points are done.
But my opinion is that if the scan is initially “crooked” - then in what program do not try to add it - nothing good will come of it.

After performin "Global Fine Aligment" still in Fusion it was visible some "mistakes" from bed scan coverage areas (i also try contact pair but doesent work). Than in G. Wrap i did only do the "Global Aligment" and re-export in DAVID. So in my experience it was much accurate that David. Thats why i asked if somebody else had these experience!