Budget Scanner for Boat?

Which equipment do you use for 3D-scanning?
jwells

Budget Scanner for Boat?

Post by jwells »

I would like to scan a 35ft boat into AutoCad.

What is the scanner that can do it?

Under 5k hopefully.
Attachments
66792518_2595384163887066_5641330846263672832_n.jpg
OBNRacerMan

Re: Budget Scanner for Boat?

Post by OBNRacerMan »

I would try to use photogrammetry for such a large task (but a program in which everything has to be processed later must be able to work with markers or control marks - this will ensure sufficient accuracy). Agisoft Metashape can do just that (I haven’t figured out yet whether 3DF Zephyr can do this)
P.S. And, in any case, after scanning in any way, only the “basis” will be obtained, on which it will be necessary to independently make all sections and structures.
And this is the easiest and cheapest way, quite suitable for "scanning" very large objects
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Micr0

Re: Budget Scanner for Boat?

Post by Micr0 »

OBNRacerMan wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 08:47 I would try to use photogrammetry for such a large task (but a program in which everything has to be processed later must be able to work with markers or control marks - this will ensure sufficient accuracy). Agisoft Metashape can do just that (I haven’t figured out yet whether 3DF Zephyr can do this)
P.S. And, in any case, after scanning in any way, only the “basis” will be obtained, on which it will be necessary to independently make all sections and structures.
And this is the easiest and cheapest way, quite suitable for "scanning" very large objects
What he said ^^^

This is a perfect candidate for free photogrammetry apps. There are a bunch out there. Once you have a scan you will convert it to a mesh and need to learn one of the free mesh editing apps (meshmixer, Mesh lab). For there into CAD etc....
There a bunch of people on reddit (r/3DScanning) doing this exact sort of thing.
µ