Help deciding on buying scanner

Which equipment do you use for 3D-scanning?
greenskynet

Re: Help deciding on buying scanner

Post by greenskynet »

mading wrote: ↑11 Jan 2023, 21:02
greenskynet wrote: ↑10 Jan 2023, 10:36 RV is a good software too, but as you may know due to political issues for Russia, RV can't export goods and services to foreign (RV is from Russia).
As you told us, even flexscan did not sell their software to your country (when F3D was still in the market).
This does not stop you from make profit with their work.
Does Flexscan sells the software today? No, since a few years.
How can a DIYer use your "modified" version? It need a cracked version of F3D.
Tell me if I'm wrong.

I understand your interest in selling your modified version.
Also, it's probably the most affordable solution for DIY.
But since you have to use a cracked Flexscan version, I would not recommend it.

Everybody can find information on how to purchase the RV kit:
https://rangevision.com/en/products/diy/
It is a software mantained and updated regularly
Hello madin
How do you do? Are still working on those beautiful wooden instruments? 😍

Please let me clarify your questions and misconceptions step by step 😊:
About basic version of FlexScan3D, Please don't involve me in cracked versions of the software. It is not my case. I'm a software developer, not a software cracker πŸ˜‚. I only sell my own modified files and my modified version under my own license. You can assume it something like a plugin or enhancement. So please put a clear distinguish between my enhanced modified files and a crack version.

Also for using my modified version, there is no limitation and you can use them with any version of the software. My modified files also works well with the original company licenses, and if you are interested to know, I have several clients who have licenses from Polyga for the basic software and then they asked for my modified files as a great enhancement.

And for the quality of my modified version and my claims, I will explain it at the end of this post completely. but first I want to tell you about RV software. As I mentioned, RV is not a bad software, but it has many disadvantages too (technical disadvantages). and currently they have major problems about exporting services to out of Russia boarders. I have some client who have RV software and finally they purchased FlexScan3D and my modified version. If you like I can take screenshots from their messages too.
Also I should mention that I'm not happy about this subject too, because my country has been under heavy political sanctions for more than 40 years and I can understand how difficult it can be to live in this situation (I'm not Russian and also I'm not a political man. I hope the year of 2023 to be the year of worldwide peace and the end of all wars).

About software maintenance and updates, I've released 47 updates for my modified version in less than one year, and each update includes several major and minor enhancements (including new powerful options for the software and also solving many bugs and issues). Can you name any other software with better support and maintenance? 😎

You told my software version is the most affordable solution for DIY scanners. I agree with this, but I wanna to tell you it is not only the most affordable solution and only for DIY scanners, but it is one of the most powerful and equipped software in 3D scanning field.

And finally let me tell you about quality of my modified version and the truth of my claims:
There is a proverb in Persian that says: When is hearing the same as seeing?
My project is available openly to all people. I have many clients and also group members, and I am proud that since the start of this project, I have not received a single negative feedback from them. Also my supports is not limited only to my clients, but my group technical support is kindly available to all FlexScan3D users.
And about my claims about my enhancements: each update was released with full documentations and many of people are using them successfully. all things is completely clear.

and tell me what parameters do you have to say if a software is better or more powerful?
madin, you have RV software. yes? Do you agree to hold a challenge and examine both software (RV and modified FlexScan3D) in different conditions (in terms of scanning speed, accuracy, scans quality, scanning in high ambient light, macro scanning, large objects scanning, scanning shiny or black surfaces, etc.)? I accept any condition in advance and I am even ready to participate in this challenge with non-professional and cheap equipment like simple webcames to show you the real power of modified version of FlexScan3d
mading

Post by mading »

Dear greenskynet,
I understand your position as a software developer/seller.
But since this post was meant to suggest a solution to a new user, he would need a regular FS3D license.

Tell me, my friends:
Where can he/she buy it?
How much for that?
RV license was 350ish when I bought it.

I am perfectly fine with RV, for what I need.
I am not interested in comparing with something I cannot purchase.

There's an Italian proverb: "the worst deaf is the one who doesn't wanr to hear"

I would only be happy to play with a licensed FS3D and their triggered basler cameras and dedicated projector, as in the nice Alonso's setup.

Hope you will understand my position

m
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

mading wrote: ↑12 Jan 2023, 12:26 Dear greenskynet,
I understand your position as a software developer/seller.
But since this post was meant to suggest a solution to a new user, he would need a regular FS3D license.

Tell me, my friends:
Where can he/she buy it?
How much for that?
RV license was 350ish when I bought it.

I am perfectly fine with RV, for what I need.
I am not interested in comparing with something I cannot purchase.

There's an Italian proverb: "the worst deaf is the one who doesn't wanr to hear"

I would only be happy to play with a licensed FS3D and their triggered basler cameras and dedicated projector, as in the nice Alonso's setup.

Hope you will understand my position

m
Hi madin 😊
I'm agree with your proverb: "the worst deaf is the one who doesn't want to hear". So please hear this sentence: RV can't export any scanners, software or services to out of Russia.. Why don't you want to accept this? Today I wrote to them and they clearly told they can't send even DIY RV kit. I think it is not moral to screenshot and publish the replay of RV team here. but if you (and anyone else) want, I can send screenshots in private messages.

and as you mentioned, this post was to suggest a solution to a new user, not to check your interests and what you like to have. So I suggested a professional software to him which is available publicly and he can receive it well and also he can has good support for it. I claim modified version of FlexScan3D is in many cases the best and most powerful available solution for now and for future.

You are claiming that RV can sell world widely => this is not correct. today I wrote to them and this is their reply: "When war began, we are unable to export anything. right now we can't send even DIY kit".

You are claiming that RV have good supports => this is not correct. RV English Telegram group only have 33 members and it is almost completely deactivate. And there is another group for RV which is completely in Russian language and almost all of user are Russian there.

I replied your first post to clarify your suggestion is not a good solution and I compared it with other solutions, including my modified version of FlexScan3D.

Also weak support of RV software is not a new subject and it is not related to political issues. Madin, the following post is from you and you were not satisfied with RV support yourself: viewtopic.php?p=3962#p3962

And I have a question: please imaging that I'm not the developer of modified version FlexScan3D, but I know it is the most powerful and equipped solution for professional scanners, now when a person ask me for software/scanner selection, should I recommend something else to him that is not the best available solution (and also it is not available in market too)? do you think is it logical to recommend him other lower grade software with lower services and ...? can you tell me why you didn't suggest him HP software? it is also available and in this forum there are several members who want to sell their dongle licenses of HP and migrate to other software.
mading

Post by mading »

Please grennsky, answer to my question:
where can a person buy a regularly licensed FS3D?
LG PF50, LG PF1500, RangeVision DIY: 2x DahengMer630, 2X12 and 2X16 mm 5Mp ZK lenses, RV turntable
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

mading wrote: ↑12 Jan 2023, 14:15 Please grennsky, answer to my question:
where can a person buy a regularly licensed FS3D?
Your answer is clear and I explained in previous posts. Please before asking repetitive questions, read my previous posts.
Also please answer my last question in the previous post.

The problem is that you don't want to accept anything else than what you have currently. I'm interested to know the reason.
also plan to hold a challenge and examine both software (RV and modified FlexScan3D). This can be a popular topic in the forum.
mading

Post by mading »

mading wrote: ↑12 Jan 2023, 14:15 Please grennsky, answer to my question:
If you can't explain in a few sentences, I feel it's not an easy answer.

Have a nice day
mading

Post by mading »

greenskynet wrote: ↑12 Jan 2023, 14:05
Also weak support of RV software is not a new subject and it is not related to political issues. Madin, the following post is from you and you were not satisfied with RV support yourself: viewtopic.php?p=3962#p3962
This is hilarious.
It was before purchasing it.
Please do not use my words out of context.
RV is the best value for the money, IMHO.
And you can still find it, even if you have a different opinion.

At the moment I couldn't find an official seller of FS3D.
And it was not a cheap option: they were selling it for more than 1k.

So: you are selling a plugin of a software which can't be purchased.
Would you mind to give the forum the contact of a reseller, and the licensing conditions? Annual, perpetual, etc...

Cheers
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

mading wrote: ↑12 Jan 2023, 15:10
greenskynet wrote: ↑12 Jan 2023, 14:05
This is hilarious.
It was before purchasing it.
Please do not use my words out of context.
RV is the best value for the money, IMHO.
And you can still find it, even if you have a different opinion.

At the moment I couldn't find an official seller of FS3D.
And it was not a cheap option: they were selling it for more than 1k.

So: you are selling a plugin of a software which can't be purchased.
Would you mind to give the forum the contact of a reseller, and the licensing conditions? Annual, perpetual, etc...

Cheers
FlexScan3D basic version is publicly available officially and not officially. But it is useless for DIY scanners. but my modified file turn the software basic to a professional software for DIY kits. Generally assembling a scanner based on my modified version of FlexScan costs much less than $1K, but you can receive scan results like a 15k$ professional scanner.

And hundreds of people have started using my modified version of FlexScan3D since last year.
mading

Post by mading »

greenskynet wrote: ↑12 Jan 2023, 18:50
FlexScan3D basic version is publicly available officially and not officially.
Where can be found "officially"?
How much do you charge for your plug-in?
greenskynet

Post by greenskynet »

mading wrote: ↑12 Jan 2023, 22:10 Where can be found "officially"?
How much do you charge for your plug-in?
For pricing and receiving official and unofficial links please contact me via Telegram.
I'm not going to disturb the rules of this nice forum by talking about pricing here.