Mongrels Setup

Which equipment do you use for 3D-scanning?
3dxcan

Re: Mongrels Setup

Post by 3dxcan »

just wondering if your AAXA 125 Lumen projector is enough for 3d scanning in a normally lit room in daylight, or do you do it in a dark room?
Stive_Rad0

Post by Stive_Rad0 »

Mongrel wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 12:38 Hi Stive_Rad0,

Funny you should say that about the lens as I just got my two pentax 1:1 8-48mm lenses. I'm now just waiting on the extension rings to arrive in the post. This will bring down the minimum focusing distance.
IMG_3701.JPG

Mongrel.
You didn't answer my question. how can you use 1/3" lens with your cams?
Mongrel

Post by Mongrel »

3dxcan wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 14:30 just wondering if your AAXA 125 Lumen projector is enough for 3d scanning in a normally lit room in daylight, or do you do it in a dark room?
Hi,

The AAXA is 550 Lumen and works fine in a normally lit room. In the afternoons when the sun streams in with direct sunlight, I will close the bind.

Here is some info on the projector: http://aaxatech.com/products/led_showti ... ector.html
Mongrel

Post by Mongrel »

Stive_Rad0 wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 19:09
Mongrel wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 12:38 Hi Stive_Rad0,

Funny you should say that about the lens as I just got my two pentax 1:1 8-48mm lenses. I'm now just waiting on the extension rings to arrive in the post. This will bring down the minimum focusing distance.
IMG_3701.JPG

Mongrel.
You didn't answer my question. how can you use 1/3" lens with your cams?
To answer your question, I screwed them onto the cameras and they worked. If you look back at the pic's in this post, you'll see that they do a good job.

Mongrel.
illbefucd2

Post by illbefucd2 »

Mongrel wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 12:38
Stive_Rad0 wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 12:29 Hi. As I can see in photos, you've used varifocal 1/3" Lenses. But as I know your Camera sensors are bigger than 1".
and why 6-60 ? 60 is a very very big focal length for scanning application.
Hi Stive_Rad0,

IMG_3701.JPG

Mongrel.
Hi There ,
Could you let me know how the lens are working out for you ?
I have just purchased 2 x DMK 23UX236 cameras to start scanning with , and now looking at compatible lens for them.
Also a little confused about what lens to buy for the sensor.
On the spec sheet DMK 23UX236 shows 1/2.8" Sony Exmor sensor , what Lens should i be looking for that fits this sensor.
Any help on this would be great.
Looks like a great Rig by the way.

Cheers
Mongrel

Post by Mongrel »

Hi,

The Pentax lens have a minimum focal length of 0.7 metre, so I use these lens for lager items to scan as the rig needs to be further back from the scan object.

To be honest, I've been away on holidays and just got back. So there's been no scanning for a while, but I've got a few jobs on my desk that need to be scanned and reverse engineered . . . back to work!!

Mongrel.
illbefucd2

Post by illbefucd2 »

Mongrel wrote: 26 Feb 2018, 19:07 Hi,

The Pentax lens have a minimum focal length of 0.7 metre, so I use these lens for lager items to scan as the rig needs to be further back from the scan object.

To be honest, I've been away on holidays and just got back. So there's been no scanning for a while, but I've got a few jobs on my desk that need to be scanned and reverse engineered . . . back to work!!

Mongrel.
Great Thanks for that
Would be interested to see how they go.
Hope to hear more