Not Mine :)

Which equipment do you use for 3D-scanning?
Micr0

Not Mine :)

Post by Micr0 »

This is a David reseller here in the US. seems they are assembling their own SLS style rigs. thye are cheaper than the official David set up and at first glance look more bulky and awkward. Seems they are using IS cameras too.

http://www.physimetrics.com/phy-scan-3d ... d-phy-arm/
µ
Oteck

Re: Not Mine :)

Post by Oteck »

Those parts looks familiar, like the same stuff i'm using too lol even the 72cm desmond rail and the z tables i posted in the david forum.
Z table not ideal as it's prone to movement so i removed it from my setup
avogra
Site Admin

Post by avogra »

hehe thats really funny. I think Davids/HPs way of selling rebranded consumer stuff at 3x the price is not the best idea. I bought the same cameras, the same beamer as they sell and not a single cent went into davids pocket. But maybe there are still enough people paying the premium?
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

avogra wrote:hehe thats really funny. I think Davids/HPs way of selling rebranded consumer stuff at 3x the price is not the best idea. I bought the same cameras, the same beamer as they sell and not a single cent went into davids pocket. But maybe there are still enough people paying the premium?

David claimed to modify the firm ware of both the Acer and the IS cameras. If this is true I really like to know what they did. Or even what the modifications did to improve the scanning. The more I engineer my system the more I appreciate what goes into the more expensive systems. Getting good results of a (say) professional grade takes more than just throwing a few components together.
µ
WaldoPepper

Post by WaldoPepper »

...IIRC the wrote about modifying the beamer with something like a close-up lens? Is that true?
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

WaldoPepper wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 08:38 ...IIRC the wrote about modifying the beamer with something like a close-up lens? Is that true?
That would seem likely to get the image properly sized with common lenses. lenses on home projectors really are crap when you compare them with high quality camera optics FWIW.
µ