avogra's Setup V1

Which equipment do you use for 3D-scanning?
avogra
Site Admin

avogra's Setup V1

Post by avogra »

I never got round to post my first budget setup. Seems like a good start into this forum to me ;)
Most stuff I bought used from ebay etc. In the end I had an Acer K11 with an optional achromat, 2x Logitech Pro9000 and 2x Computar 12mm F1.4 together with David 5, so I guess a quite classic beginner set except for dual cam. I'm still a bit proud of my 3D-printed camera case. Initially I had bought cheap CS->C-mount adapters for the objectives but then decided to try to 3d-print the threads and in the end, those were far more precise than the adapters. So here come some pictures

P1050009.JPG
P1050014.JPG
P1040984.JPG
avogra
Site Admin

Re: avogra's Setup V1

Post by avogra »

I didn't do too many scans with this setup, one of the best was this strange squirrel, a friend actually needed replicated :P
IMG_20160622_094928.jpg
2016-06-23 00_07_50-DAVID 3D SCANNER Pro v4.5.2.png
Mr_Lafuente

Post by Mr_Lafuente »

avogra wrote: 11 Nov 2016, 23:59 I never got round to post my first budget setup. Seems like a good start into this forum to me ;)
Most stuff I bought used from ebay etc. In the end I had an Acer K11 with an optional achromat, 2x Logitech Pro9000 and 2x Computar 12mm F1.4 together with David 5, so I guess a quite classic beginner set except for dual cam. I'm still a bit proud of my 3D-printed camera case. Initially I had bought cheap CS->C-mount adapters for the objectives but then decided to try to 3d-print the threads and in the end, those were far more precise than the adapters. So here come some pictures
Hello avogra. Nice rig.
Even almost 3 years has passed since you post it, i would like to ask you. Do you still using the same gear or have changed anything?
I'm gathering all information i can, to create my first SLS system, so any hint wil be appriciated.
Thanks for sharing!
avogra
Site Admin

Post by avogra »

Sadly i stopped 3D scanning entirely when my daughter was born 2 years ago and passed most equipment to a forum member. I had to reduce the number of hobbies and scanning was one of the more time consuming ones.
Before that, i upgraded to a better projector and industrial b/w cameras. That made quite a difference. I would recommend skipping the webcam approach if financially possible. My construction was quite ok. It wasnt as sturdy / stiff as i would have liked. Maybe an all metal construction out of standard extrusion aluminium profiles would be better? I don't know. Anyway, if you have a 3D-printer, i can gladly send you the models.
Mr_Lafuente

Post by Mr_Lafuente »

Thanks for the hints.
I'm still waiting for my cam comes from china. Because of Covid all the shippings in my country got delayed.
I did like to try your 3d printed parts, if you could upload them i well be glad.
Thanks again!