FlexScan3D Lite Processing Error

Something doesn't work and you don't know why? Ask here!
hoffybeefe

FlexScan3D Lite Processing Error

Post by hoffybeefe »

Hi,

I had this with a Dell M110 projector that i tried to use when i first got F3D Lite and i couldn't solve it. I was lucky enough to have an Acer P1340W i used until i got a better projector (should i actually be able to find a suitable one) and it solved the error somehow. I have been using that projector until now as i finally got an LG HF60LSR and now i'm getting that bastard error again.

Anyone familiar with what is causing it and/or a fix? It comes up once i try to do my first scan once it scans and the dialog changes to "Processing Scan...".

Cheers!
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-09 16.57.54.png
Screenshot 2022-05-09 16.57.54.png (9.58 KiB) Viewed 7542 times
greenskynet

Re: FlexScan3D Lite Processing Error

Post by greenskynet »

hoffybeefe wrote: 09 May 2022, 07:12 Hi,

I had this with a Dell M110 projector that i tried to use when i first got F3D Lite and i couldn't solve it. I was lucky enough to have an Acer P1340W i used until i got a better projector (should i actually be able to find a suitable one) and it solved the error somehow. I have been using that projector until now as i finally got an LG HF60LSR and now i'm getting that bastard error again.

Anyone familiar with what is causing it and/or a fix? It comes up once i try to do my first scan once it scans and the dialog changes to "Processing Scan...".

Cheers!
due to some reasons, software can't create mesh data
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

yeah. i gathered that was the case. :D

I really don't know how such an error can occur when all i changed was the projector. I've deleted the scanner completely and set it all back up and did 2 full calibrations and still get the error as soon as i do an scan of an object. Nothing but what is in the dialog box is in the log file soi can't get any clues to look further.

I compared the scanner folders side by side from the ACER projector i had previously and the exact files exist in both directories so i don't think anything is wrong there.
hoffybeefe

Post by hoffybeefe »

Looks like the culprit is the "Pattern Delay" setting. By default it was on 60 and the "Estimate" button always just sets it to 60. so i'm guessing it doesn't really work as intended (the Estimate feature).

I've changed it right up to 250 but found that i get teh best scan data (more complete) from having it set to 160. Quite disappointing as now mys cans are much slower then before and my cameras could do much faster then 60. I even took them down to 5ms and they were fine before.

I have a suspicion that its just the initial image that needs the delay but that setting puts the delay into every image. If i could do that i'd at least gain a fast scan back. But that is just a hunch.