Scanning reflective problem

Something doesn't work and you don't know why? Ask here!
Scanoto

Scanning reflective problem

Post by Scanoto »

Greetings everyone,

My team has encountered a problem while scanning a huge long barre from the inside. the bar is in stainless steel and has a cubic square section of 300x300mm and is 6000 mm long.

The goal is to scan the long bar from the inside. we are using the Scantech AXE-B scanner.
we managed to find a way to place the targets inside all along the bar.

The problem is that during the scan, my scanner detects some unusual geometries. My guess is that the amount of targets inside reflect the lasers and cause a mirror chamber effect that creates random lasers perturbing the scanner.

At this point with a deadline approaching, removing the targets is out of the question as it takes too much time to remove and replace.

Has anyone of you encountered this problem ? Thank you all for the feedback and help !
Micr0

Re: Scanning reflective problem

Post by Micr0 »

Scanoto wrote: 28 Mar 2023, 09:36 Greetings everyone,

My team has encountered a problem while scanning a huge long barre from the inside. the bar is in stainless steel and has a cubic square section of 300x300mm and is 6000 mm long.

The goal is to scan the long bar from the inside. we are using the Scantech AXE-B scanner.
we managed to find a way to place the targets inside all along the bar.

The problem is that during the scan, my scanner detects some unusual geometries. My guess is that the amount of targets inside reflect the lasers and cause a mirror chamber effect that creates random lasers perturbing the scanner.

At this point with a deadline approaching, removing the targets is out of the question as it takes too much time to remove and replace.

Has anyone of you encountered this problem ? Thank you all for the feedback and help !
I'm not familiar with your scanner, and it sounds like your subject is a pretty difficult item to scan. It also sounds like you're getting incident reflection of the laser causing view problems. Sorry This isn't much help, but that's the first place I would be looking at to try to correct your scans.
µ