HP 3D Scan driver issues

Something doesn't work and you don't know why? Ask here!
Raptorex

HP 3D Scan driver issues

Post by Raptorex »

Hey folks, i thought i would throw this out there, even if no one has any solutions, atleast its good for me to get this info out, and maybe start a discussion with IMO the biggest issue with David/HP Scan (Camera Compatibility)

So for those who havent seen the specs on my rig in my other post,
Im currently running a Point Grey -GS3-U3-50S5M-C - 5MP Monochrome ICX625 USB3.0 cam. It was basically plug and play and HPScan noticed it right away, and i have been happily using it.

I want to try playing around with the stereo camera setup so I have also been purchasing and testing other cams to see if they work with HPScan.
-Imaging Source DFK-72AUC02 - works, but it is not a high speed cam 6fps (USB2)
-Mightex MLE-C030-U - Doesnt work, not detectable from HPScan; supposedily this is a 32 bit/ 64 bit driver issue as its a much older cam, and there is no 64 bit driver.

I recently purchased a Lightwise Allegro - Imaging Solutions Group - Sony IMX250 based cam. This sensor has fantastic specs, 5.1MP, 79FPS, usb3.0, USB3 Vision.. etc. Imaging Solutions Group is now owned by Jadak but the support on their site is limited.

I really wanted to use this as my primary cam as the IMX250 is the upgrade from the ICX625, and has fantastic image performance.
Turns out after a bunch of messing about, HPScan does not like it, however as a similar continuation to this thread https://www.3dscanforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2169

I am definitely having some type of driver issue that i though i would bounce off you guys heads, HP sees the cam in its selection, however HPScan crashes when i enable it. I was able to download a driver pack from Jadak, and get the cam working in windows with their simple viewer software. I was wondering if we could get to the bottom of the conflicting issue of why HPScan sees specific cameras and not others. Seeing that most of us are using modern USB3 cams and they all typically support MachineVision protocol that obviously HPScan doesn't use.
device manager.JPG
OBNRacerMan

Re: HP 3D Scan driver issues

Post by OBNRacerMan »

HP3DScan works with such cameras via DirectShow - and this causes problems with many camera models if there is more than one.
And only some types support the connection and operation of two cameras at once in HP.
You can see what the program writes in the console (after enabling it in Service -> ShowDebugConsole)
Example with two different cameras
Example with two different cameras
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Raptorex

Post by Raptorex »

Thanks for the heads up, i was able to enable the debug console and pull a log.
HP SCAN debugg.JPG
Im going to email the company, and see if they have a direct show driver for this cam. It would be such a shame to not be able to use this. Thanks for the insight ;)
Raptorex

Post by Raptorex »

So turns out i did have directshow drivers, so i enabled them. And this is when HP3d Scan decides to crash. I was able to screenshot the console before it closed. There is probably no easy solution to this, but at least its up her for reference down the road. it would be marvelous to find out why HP 3D is so picky about cams. One day i would dream that HP3d scan can support Ethernet automation cameras. There are so many good high end cams for cheap out on the net. To me it seems like just an interface software would need to be developed for this to work.. one can dream lol
HPScan direct show driver crash.JPG
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

I'm not sure if this helps, but you can try installing the DirectShow device recorder. My current cameras without this were not visible for HP3DScan (although in another scanning program - Rangevision Scancenter - they are visible and work).
There link to Google Drive with program archive (36Mb)
After installation, you need to run the GxDirectShowRegister.exe file and specify the number of devices there (I recommend specifying 2 devices):
Program Interface
Program Interface
RV_04_8.jpg (7.6 KiB) Viewed 9572 times
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret