David 5 License Issues

Something doesn't work and you don't know why? Ask here!
seyment

David 5 License Issues

Post by seyment »

Hi, I recently bought second hand David SLS-3. I plugged the usb stick to my pc.Then I saw that PC can't read the usb stick. Then I contacted with my local reseller They gave me a license file I wrote them to another usb stick. But this time When I open the david 5 it gave me an error that your license invalid for your computer hardware. If you know the solution can you please write down.
Thanks for the help.
Micr0

Re: David 5 License Issues

Post by Micr0 »

seyment wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 21:01 Hi, I recently bought second hand David SLS-3. I plugged the usb stick to my pc.Then I saw that PC can't read the usb stick. Then I contacted with my local reseller They gave me a license file I wrote them to another usb stick. But this time When I open the david 5 it gave me an error that your license invalid for your computer hardware. If you know the solution can you please write down.
Thanks for the help.
As much as I hate to recommend it, you need to go on the HP support page for 3D scanners and ask one of their support people.
µ
Branko

Post by Branko »

Hello Seyment,
Seems I have similar problem,
I also recently bought second hand SLS3 on ebay and installed David 4 from USB I got with the scanner.
But then observed on stick also folder "David5" with David5 licence file in it, probably previous owner did software update,

I am not sure how that stuff about licencing works, but maybe you can use my licence file to try fix your issue,
Also, If I can get installation files for david5 to try to use my licence,
BTW, I hope it is all legal what I suggest :)
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

The hp3dscan installers are available publicly

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/se ... r/14169438

Try that

Select Windows 10 x64, then go to software solutions. Download what you need.
Branko

Post by Branko »

Thanks, it works👍