Lines and other anomalies in my 3D scans after camera upgrade

Something doesn't work and you don't know why? Ask here!
Face_Scanner

Lines and other anomalies in my 3D scans after camera upgrade

Post by Face_Scanner »

I stumbled upon this 3D Scan Forum BB and was very happy to find it. :D

I was able to find some hints posted and I thank the members who've answered others with similar problems.
(It gave me some good clues to find where my problems most likely originated.)

I started some time back (a year plus) with a David SLS-1 which was great to get me started but was limited in its output.

I later upgraded the camera to the HP 3D 1.2 MP Cam Pro which produced better results and last month was able to upgrade to a HP 3D 1.2 MP Cam Pro. It was a used camera and needed a lot of changes to its settings which I did and I did see the potential that this camera could possibly deliver.

It, unfortunately, has really turned into a time suck though, I keep hoping to find the "Ah-Ha" or "Eureka" moment, but no luck so far! :(

The posting I did see that I feel is related to the problem addresses the shutter speed which I was able to change with a bit of work as it always goes back to its default setting of 15.000ms when I restart the program and I can change the resolution and the frame rate to 16.667ms after the program is launched. (I just have to be mindful to adjust each time I launch the program.) I also tweaked the projector (Acer K11) settings in hopes of a Eureka moment there.....but so far no luck and I feel a bit defeated. (But I'm not a quitter.)

My biggest regret is that whatever settings I have changed it has now affected my other camera as well.
Are there any resources for optimal settings, especially the settings that don't have default or reset options?

Any thoughts or ideas would really be welcomed and really appreciated.

Thank you.
Untitled-4a.jpg
Untitled-4a.jpg (37.46 KiB) Viewed 8191 times
Untitled-2a.jpg
Untitled-2a.jpg (37.37 KiB) Viewed 8191 times
2021-09-17_09-18-46.png
2021-09-17_08-17-08.png
Face_Scanner

Re: Lines and other anomalies in my 3D scans after camera upgrade

Post by Face_Scanner »

I meant to say that I upgraded to a HP 3D 2.3 MP Cam Pro, sorry about that. ;) :)
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

What is the result for each camera obtained if you use the Extended View mode (in this mode the program does not combine the averaged information obtained simultaneously from two cameras, but saves two separate "clean" scans, one for each camera)? And you can see which of their cameras makes "mistakes".
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

Welcome to the forum.

You might get better frame rates/results if you switch from RGB24 to Y800.
µ