Einscan-S software gets stuck on Loading with Windows 10

Something doesn't work and you don't know why? Ask here!
kwhopson

Einscan-S software gets stuck on Loading with Windows 10

Post by kwhopson »

Hello,

We've been using the Einscan-S for years with better results than other 3D scanners but then the pandemic hit. After a year in quarantine the now software locks up after choosing the Einscan-S from the three options of S, SE and SP. It just says Loading forever.

Einscan Support through TeamViewer ran all the troubleshooting steps listed on their site, which I had already done. They said since it has been discontinued they could offer no other support except a trade-in discount. I asked if it could have been a Windows driver update and they suddenly proclaimed that was the problem.

But I remember this happened once before the pandemic and fixed it by either tweaking a graphics card setting or memory allocation or something like that, but it's been years.

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz (2 processors)
RAM: 64.0 GB
Shining 3D software version 2.5.0.7
All hardware running properly as far as lights and fan motors go

If anyone has any suggestions, solving this would be of great assistance to many university students.

Thanks,
Ken

OBNRacerMan

Re: Einscan-S software gets stuck on Loading with Windows 10

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Running as Administrator doesn't help?
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
kwhopson

Post by kwhopson »

No, it doesn't. Thanks though.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

Does the computer only have a discrete video card, or does the processor also have an integrated one?
P.S. When I wanted to run the RV software on a laptop, it started, but could not work normally, because the system sent it to the video adapter built into the processor, but after I reassigned to use only a discrete video card, everything worked.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
kwhopson

Post by kwhopson »

It has each. It tried running it on both just the CPU and just the GPU, same result. I also tried allocating maximum memory and running the Windows compatibility test going as far back as Windows 7.
kwhopson

Post by kwhopson »

Swapping the USB port fixed the problem. Somehow it was plugged into an older USB-2 port. Now there is a hardware issue but I'll make a new post for that. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.