Unable to install Crality CR Ferret Pro

Something doesn't work and you don't know why? Ask here!
zombiesaaargh

Unable to install Crality CR Ferret Pro

Post by zombiesaaargh »

I've just purchased my first 3D scanner, a CR Ferret Pro, but I cannot even get it to install.

First I tried connecting via the wireless module. I plugged everything in an waited for the blue light to come up, but my phone wouldn't detect the wireless SSID, it just didn't show up as an available netword.

I tried scanning the QR code, but it just said check connection, and when I tried manually typing the SSID in to the connection screen it said that it couldn't find it. I'm using Android 10.

Next I tried plugging the Ferret directly into my phone, but it didn't recognize the connection.

After this I downloaded and installed CrealityScan_WIN_v1.0.14 Aug 3, 2023. I plugged the Ferret in and Windows 10 detected three separate cameras.

CR-Scan Ferret Depth Camera
CR-Scan Ferret IR Camera
CR-Scan Ferret RGB Camera

But Creality scan said that the scanner was disconnected. I tried every single USB port on the back of my PC other than the USB 1.0 ports. Including the USB 3.1 and 3.2 ports. Nothing.Windows saw the camera but the Creality software didn't.

Any clues, or is my Ferret just borken?
OBNRacerMan

Re: Unable to install Crality CR Ferret Pro

Post by OBNRacerMan »

I have a regular Ferret (not Pro), it connects with a cable to both the computer and the phone without any problems. You need to check on your computer whether the program’s access to the cameras is allowed.
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret
zombiesaaargh

Post by zombiesaaargh »

You need to check on your computer whether the program’s access to the cameras is allowed.
I'm using Windows 10, how would I go about this.

I'm not firewalling out hardware access by default.
zombiesaaargh

Post by zombiesaaargh »

You need to check on your computer whether the program’s access to the cameras is allowed.
I'm using Windows 10, how would I go about this.

I'm not firewalling out hardware access by default.
OBNRacerMan

Post by OBNRacerMan »

This is done through Settings --> Privacy --> Camera (Allow access to the camera on this device)
Soft: RangeVision DIY, Calibration panel/Rotary tables - RangeVision, Prj: LG PF1500G, Cam: Daheng Mercury MER2-630-60U3M-L (USB3.0, monochrome) x2, Obj: ZLKC FM12036MP5 (F2.8/5Mp/12-36mm) x2. And a handheld scanner Creality Ferret