usb3 cable lenght problem

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
3dxcan

usb3 cable lenght problem

Post by 3dxcan »

I'm having trouble with USB3 cable, i got a 1.5m and 5m cable. 1.5 meter cable works fine as the camera gets connected at fast speed and full resolution, however its not practical. the laptop should be positioned too close to the scaner. the 5m cable is apparently designed to for camera and has screws to connect to the body of the camera, however the camera can only deliver low res picture to laptop when connected with this cable and windows indicated a usb2 connection.
how do you solve this USB3 cable lenght problem?
3dxcan

Re: usb3 cable lenght problem

Post by 3dxcan »

No one with this issue?
Micr0

Re: usb3 cable lenght problem

Post by Micr0 »

3dxcan wrote: 25 Jul 2017, 02:07 I'm having trouble with USB3 cable, i got a 1.5m and 5m cable. 1.5 meter cable works fine as the camera gets connected at fast speed and full resolution, however its not practical. the laptop should be positioned too close to the scaner. the 5m cable is apparently designed to for camera and has screws to connect to the body of the camera, however the camera can only deliver low res picture to laptop when connected with this cable and windows indicated a usb2 connection.
how do you solve this USB3 cable lenght problem?
I have 2 USB3 cables that are ~5m and they work fine. However two points. first, they are name brand cables (quality). Second, generally speaking the max length spec'ed for a passive USB3 cable is 3m. I would guess you just have a bad cable.
µ