Projectors... and Projector Mods.

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
Micr0

Re: Projectors... and Projector Mods.

Post by Micr0 »

Looking closely again at the marketing pictures and the videos of the HP SLS system here:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaign/3Dsca ... t1345uf8k6

I noticed 2 things. First is that the frame rate that the system is capturing is faster than I've been getting with David v5. (David 4 with the old patterns ran through the sequence on my system more quickly). Since David isn't exactly synced and waits till the software sees what it thinks is a complete image it could be that whatever distortion the projector is throwing into the projected image is also causing the capture rate to slow down. Does this make sense?

The other thing I noticed is that they have modified the focus mechanism in the projector. This could be to just get a greater focal range. It doesn't look like the lens is any different.

Thoughts?

Bigbomber: have you actually gotten into the firmware of your projectors? Or are you mods on the settings and hardware side?
The David people mentioned on the old forum that the firmware in the projectors with their systems had been modified. There was never any elaboration on that for obvious reasons.
µ
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

I've modified frimware.
Last days I asked an user of this forum who has ofiginal modified k132 to help capture its setting and modifications, but he told he can not help us.
I've planed to create a IOS application to try on other user setup by sending it to them and getting feedback.
Are you ready micro0? Check your PM please.
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Another request from forum members and specially Micro0:
with dual cam setup, calibrate your system as well as you can, then enable Extended View mode and create a pair of scans (A&B). in Shape Fusion try pairwise-Fine-registration for several times on that scans pair to align them well. Now using comparison tool, compare two scans with:
value for tolerance. (if with above values you see a big portion (more then 50%) of scan is pink, try higher value to reduced pinked area.).
But send comparison of above value certainly.

if it is possible try this comparison on a nearest to 160mm calib panel (as mine it is). but it is more important to do it with your best and most accurate calib panel. Please note your calib panel Scale, and resolution of your cams and projector.
eee.jpg
avogra
Site Admin

Post by avogra »

regarding a modified David K132: you could order one from amazon and return it within 30 days. This isn't the polite way but i wouldn't care too much if it is a big one.
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

avogra wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 07:20 regarding a modified David K132: you could order one from amazon and return it within 30 days. This isn't the polite way but i wouldn't care too much if it is a big one.
:D :D :lol: :lol:
No this is not true at all.
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

avogra wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 07:20 regarding a modified David K132: you could order one from amazon and return it within 30 days. This isn't the polite way but i wouldn't care too much if it is a big one.
The K132+ is sold through David re sellers. I found one site actually listing it as the David K132+ With a link to the HP/David website.
µ
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

bigbomber wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 20:55 Another request from forum members and specially Micro0:
with dual cam setup, calibrate your system as well as you can, then enable Extended View mode and create a pair of scans (A&B). in Shape Fusion try pairwise-Fine-registration for several times on that scans pair to align them well. Now using comparison tool, compare two scans with:
value for tolerance. (if with above values you see a big portion (more then 50%) of scan is pink, try higher value to reduced pinked area.).

if it is possible try this comparison on a nearest to 160mm calib panel (as mine it is). but it is more important to do it with your best and most accurate calib panel. Please note your calib panel Scale, and resolution of your cams and projector.

eee.jpg
Friends, I'm looking for replies to this post. Where are you?
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

bigbomber wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 15:08
bigbomber wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 20:55 Another request from forum members and specially Micro0:

eee.jpg
Friends, I'm looking for replies to this post. Where are you?
I will try this as soon as I can but I won't be at my shop (where my David hardware is) for at least a week. I have work in the field that has to finish first.
µ
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

eee.jpg
I got a chance to play around with David at my shop yesterday. First off, when i booted David I got the update dialog for downloading version 5.3. Everything went fine except It seemed to restore all the defaults in the advanced settings and I spent time trying to sort out the problems I was having as a result. I never did things fully back to where I had them and taking scans of the panels in extend view gave me fairly distorted results. Ironically, scanning with extended off and Optimize dual camera on, gave me better results then I had gotten before with my setup. This was a scan of 200mm panels. I ran out of time before I could thoroughly trouble shoot the set up. I hope to have a few more hours today and I'll mess around with it some more.
DavidCalPanelDist1-8-2017.png
µ
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Micr0 wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 14:35 I got a chance to play around with David at my shop yesterday. First off, when i booted David I got the update dialog for downloading version 5.3. Everything went fine except It seemed to restore all the defaults in the advanced settings and I spent time trying to sort out the problems I was having as a result. I never did things fully back to where I had them and taking scans of the panels in extend view gave me fairly distorted results. Ironically, scanning with extended off and Optimize dual camera on, gave me better results then I had gotten before with my setup. This was a scan of 200mm panels. I ran out of time before I could thoroughly trouble shoot the set up. I hope to have a few more hours today and I'll mess around with it some more.

DavidCalPanelDist1-8-2017.png
Just thanks for the photo. and I can said the distortion is horrible. on 0.3mm you see pink area.