Projectors... and Projector Mods.

Discuss about cameras, projectors, calibration panels, turntables etc.
Micr0

Re: Projectors... and Projector Mods.

Post by Micr0 »

One other question:

I have never gotten good results with the "optimize Dual Camera" setting enabled. The calibrations look great, but the scans are distorted. Could this have something to do with the projector? And does the modifications and or modified firmware of the K132+ some how effect this?
µ
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Micr0 wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 16:47 Yesterday I got some time in the shop so I had a very close look at my calibration panels. I was surprised to find a number of errors and problems. Without remaking the panels, which is what I should do, I adjusted and fixed as best I could. The results were far better scans when calibrated with these panels (225mm). When I get some time I'm going to have to look more closely at all the other I have. Live and learn.

@bigbomber I see what you are saying about the jagged edges. the better the calibration the less obvious and present these edges seem to be. I still don't exactly under stand the mechanism behind this, or what in the projector is causing this.

I tried your panel experiment with after I "fixed" my 225mm panels and got better results but still not great. However when I scanned a small casting the scans were pretty good.

Another thing that seems to help is using an inverted corner.

Cal Panel 1-16-2018.jpg

Cal Panel 1-16-2018-2.jpg

It is interesting that one side seems flatter than the other. A Note. I'm scanning with my laptop here and not the computer I usually use. I haven't gone through the video settings on the laptop to match the tweaked setting I have on the other machine so that may be part of it.

Here are the actual scans I did.

JoeHuntMag1.jpg

JoeHuntMag2.jpg
Hi. Nice scan.
Can you describe more about Video Setting which you consider?
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

P.S. This are the Raw scans after after rough alignment. The surface is a but rough but you can see the alignment is excellent.
JoeHuntMag3.jpg
µ
erapip

Post by erapip »

Nice scan Micr0
Micr0 wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 16:55 P.S. This are the Raw scans after after rough alignment. The surface is a but rough but you can see the alignment is excellent.

JoeHuntMag3.jpg
erapip

Post by erapip »

I try to optimize the setup and scan a LAMP support white coated spry. i must say that the FUSION process is amazing how it works.
Equipment's:
1) Nikon 5300+50mm lens
2) Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle
3) Optoma EH1020
Attachments
2018-01-20_11-37-06.png
Lemp_2.jpg
Test_1.jpg
Micr0

Post by Micr0 »

erapip wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 10:51 I try to optimize the setup and scan a LAMP support white coated spry. i must say that the FUSION process is amazing how it works.
Equipment's:
1) Nikon 5300+50mm lens
3) Optoma EH1020
Thanks erapip. nice scans.

What scale did you calibrate to?

If it's not too much trouble, can you physically measure a few points on the Subject and compare them to measurements done an David and post the results? I'd like to see how dimensionally/positionally accurate David is here.

Have you though about removing the color wheel from you projector? If you do, can you do a before and after?
µ
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

erapip wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 10:51 I try to optimize the setup and scan a LAMP support white coated spry. i must say that the FUSION process is amazing how it works.
Equipment's:
1) Nikon 5300+50mm lens
3) Optoma EH1020
Hi erapip. Your comparison of scans of calib panel shoez very low distortion. All area is green. But I'm not sure how much enough did you change the position of your setup or calib panel to capture the second scan.
erapip

Post by erapip »

I was surprised myself. Yes i rotated only the cal panel by 15 or 20 deg the second time. You can see separate panels and the small dots on the perimeter side wich are different in each scan.

bigbomber wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 16:30
Equipment's:
1) Nikon 5300+50mm lens
3) Optoma EH1020
Hi erapip. Your comparison of scans of calib panel shoez very low distortion. All area is green. But I'm not sure how much enough did you change the position of your setup or calib panel to capture the second scan.
erapip

Post by erapip »

Micr0 wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 14:10
Equipment's:
1) Nikon 5300+50mm lens
3) Optoma EH1020
Thanks erapip. nice scans.

What scale did you calibrate to?

If it's not too much trouble, can you physically measure a few points on the Subject and compare them to measurements done an David and post the results? I'd like to see how dimensionally/positionally accurate David is here.

Have you though about removing the color wheel from you projector? If you do, can you do a before and after?
Hello Micr0,
It's difficult to compare because its plastic part. I made some comparision and the differences is 0.2mm. Cal.scale is 120mm (HP original)
I will make some test on metalic part and open a new thread for data comparision. What about your experience on data accuracy? It's very important for RE proces and Mold design.
bigbomber

Post by bigbomber »

Hi
Friends, can you tell me how much is RMS Error value for you after calibration?
in setting/service ==> check "Show Debug Console".
see following photo how to find it.
Capture.JPG